No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for writers (Horror Genre)

Hello Gurus:

Been DD'er for more than a decade & learnt enough about writing to complete work on my second production Emeryville Experiments soon to be on Amazon, iTunes and DVD.

Goal is to create business model similar to Blumhouse Pictures minus Theatrical. Audiences will be online viewers. I'm in need of advice on how to find writers who can work with me on multiple scripts within following parameters:

GENRE - Horror (Psychological, Paranormal)
    SHOOTING LOCATIONS - 1-2 (Think - The Others, The Shining, Hush, Poltergeist, House on Haunted Hill, etc.)
    SPEAKING PART - Less than 7-8

My apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask these questions.

--fallen

Re: Looking for writers (Horror Genre)

Originally posted by fallenangel View Post
    Hello Gurus:

Been DD'er for more than a decade & learnt enough about writing to complete work on my second production Emeryville Experiments soon to be on Amazon, iTunes and DVD.

Goal is to create business model similar to Blumhouse Pictures minus Theatrical. Audiences will be online viewers. I'm in need of advice on how to find writers who can work with me on multiple scripts within following parameters:

GENRE - Horror (Psychological, Paranormal)
    SHOOTING LOCATIONS - 1-2 (Think - The Others, The Shining, Hush, Poltergeist, House on Haunted Hill, etc.)
    SPEAKING PART - Less than 7-8

My apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask these questions.

--fallen

Hey, Fallen, I just came across this thread. Congrats on your new release -- it sounds interesting and I really like the title. How's the writing going on your next production -- I'm assuming that it's the one where you posted the logline -- "Mama"?

Keep us posted!

Comment

Re: Looking for writers (Horror Genre)

If you're looking for writers for small/low budget productions, you can advertise pretty much anywhere for scripts... but it means sifting through a lot of crappy loglines... only to then discover that the actual concepts you liked aren't too well executed.
      Or, you may just strike gold.

Otherwise, your best bet is to get in touch with agents and managers, being sure to mention the budget range and pay scale you'll be operating on. I can't promise any will get back to you, but if someone has a writer looking for a first sale who's willing to let a contained script go for that price, you may be in luck.

Of course, it helps if you can definitely get the film financed - I have no idea what kind of deal you have with Amazon.
      Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Working...
      X