Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cynosure Screenwriting Competition

I searched the board for any info on this but the last thread I found was in 2010.

Anyone submitted to this in recent years? It's all about female protags and diversity and there's a $5k prize but the entry fee is pretty steep to me for a contest I'd never heard of before.

http://www.broadmindent.com/

Any thoughts?

Re: Cynosure Screenwriting Competition

Seems like a smaller contest with good intentions.

I've heard of it before, but I don't know much about the contest or the people who run it.

Check it out on moviebytes.com and see what comments people left.

Comment

Will do. Thanks Bill!

Comment

A good friend of mine won the contest several years ago in the female protagonist category. She received the cash award that was promised, and also met with the mentor they connected her with. I believe the mentor did give her some valuable advice and was helpful, although it did not lead to a script sale or option, or getting repped.

My friend is an excellent writer and did not know anyone associated with the contest, so based on this I would say the contest is legit and honestly looking for the best work out there.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

That's awesome to hear. Thanks Margie!

Comment

Hey Margie, saw you placed with two scripts. Congrats!! I placed with one myself. Glad we don't have to wait long for the final results.
            "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
              Hey Margie, saw you placed with two scripts. Congrats!! I placed with one myself. Glad we don't have to wait long for the final results.
              Thanks for the alert that the QF's were listed. Congrats to you both! Mine placed in the diversity category as well.
              Last edited by cakepoplover; 10-02-2016, 09:03 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by cakepoplover View Post
                Thanks for the alert that the QF's were listed. Congrats to you both! Mine placed in the diversity category as well.
                No problem -- congrats to you too!! And to anyone else that placed.

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
                  Thanks, UpandComing and cakepoplover! Congrats to both of you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Margie Kaptanoglu View Post
                    Thanks, UpandComing and cakepoplover! Congrats to both of you!!
                    Congrats, Margie, UpandComing and cakepoplover! Mine placed in the diversity category as well.

Comment

Congrats, Anointed! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed View Post
                        Congrats, Margie, UpandComing and cakepoplover! Mine placed in the diversity category as well.
                        Thanks, and congrats too! With only 22 scripts in the category, the odds aren't so bad : )

Comment

Pretty astonished to learn late last night that my screenplay, FELLSTONE, actually won the Grand Prize in this.

Comment

Pretty astonished to learn late last night that my screenplay, FELLSTONE, actually won the Grand Prize in this.
                            Congrats! That's fantastic!

Comment

CONGRATS, Margie!! Great news!! Don't spend the $5,000 all at once

Would be great if you could provide any details about the process moving forward (which industry rep they hook you up with, etc.), but of course, that's up to you. In the meantime, enjoy being a winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X