Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unadaptable

I was reading comments from Joseph Gordon-Levitt about the "Sandman" adaptation, and I can't help thinking as much as I love the comic books, there's no way the movie is going to be good.

The comic book is extremely literate, deep in folklore and mythology. It doesn't have anything near the typical Hollywood hero's journey. The first collection could be told in as a feature, but I can't see a major studio keeping any of the original Neil Gaiman charm.

Is there anything you think is Unadaptable?

Re: Unadaptable

Atlas Shrugged.

Perhaps an 18 hour 1980s mini-series could have worked, but it is hard to film philosophy.

Comment

Gravity's Rainbow? I've been trying to finish that for 10 years haha.

Although I heard PTA is possibly adapting it? If anybody could do it I guess it's him.

Comment

Book of the New Sun, Book of the Long Sun, and Book of the Short Sun by Gene Wolfe

Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace

Some of Shane Carruth's own scripts, apparently

And, I would have thought, Flann O'Brien's At Swim-Two-Birds, but checking the wikipedia page just now I see that several people have accepted the challenge.

Comment

The Catcher In The Rye

For both artistic and legal reasons.
          "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
          X