Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butter

Amazing. Great to remember what it feels like to have a movie bubble up a genuine, smartly crafted, well-earned emotional reaction nowadays.

congrats JM!

Re: Butter

I've been waiting for this movie to come out for like forever. I read the script when it was on the Black List and loved it. When will it be in theaters?

Comment

I really want to see this movie, too. Jennifer Garner has been making the PR rounds. Glad to hear somebody liked it, so far. I haven't read any reviews, yet.
      "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Mixed reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, which means if the script is great something got lost in translation to the big screen.

I'm kind of amazed it made it to the big screen in the first place. The concept isn't high, and on a Friday night kids aren't exactly clamoring to see movies about dairy products. Seems more like a Showtime movie. Or Lifetime.

Of course its not about butter, but human nature. Just like Akeelah and the Bee, and Finding Forester.

All proof that you don't need high concept to get a film made, just a producer who believes they're making good meaningful films. Of course they may not be.

Comment

Originally posted by halloweenjak View Post
          Mixed reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, which means if the script is great something got lost in translation to the big screen.
          Think your reasoning is a little off here. It doesn't (necessarily) mean that at all.

Personally, I thought they did a great job with it. The direction is great, and the cast is stellar. That said, it's not a movie for everyone. It's about an "offbeat" subject, and it has an "offbeat" humour to it. Generally, I'd guess that however you felt about the script is exactly how you'll feel about the movie.

Movie's in theatres now, and On Demand (and Amazon Instant) too. Go see it!
          twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Originally posted by -XL- View Post
            Think your reasoning is a little off here. It doesn't (necessarily) mean that at all.

Personally, I thought they did a great job with it. The direction is great, and the cast is stellar. That said, it's not a movie for everyone. It's about an "offbeat" subject, and it has an "offbeat" humour to it. Generally, I'd guess that however you felt about the script is exactly how you'll feel about the movie.

Movie's in theatres now, and On Demand (and Amazon Instant) too. Go see it!
            So it's a great film?

Not exactly sure where the faulty reasoning is here. Great films usually score higher than 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Or is it a good script with less than stellar reviews for the film. If that's the case, something was still lost in its production.

Comment

Season of The Witch was also a Nicholl winner. But after a brilliant Hollywood re-write, all trace of its past literary self had vanished, leaving some God-awful buddy cop flick set in the 1300's.

Will Nic Cage ever go away? One can only dream.
              I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by halloweenjak View Post
                So it's a great film?

Not exactly sure where the faulty reasoning is here. Great films usually score higher than 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Or is it a good script with less than stellar reviews for the film. If that's the case, something was still lost in its production.
                Are you a fingernail in search of a scab? What is wrong with you?

Wait. You're really biohazard, aren't you?

HH

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
                  Are you a fingernail in search of a scab? What is wrong with you?

Wait. You're really biohazard, aren't you?

HH
                  He could never do me justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                    He could never do me justice.
                    Hey, he's back!!

Let's argue about something. The others are just poseurs.

HH

Comment

Working...
                    X