Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Never Know

I got terrific advice here a week or so ago. Took a $7,500 option from smaller company rather than zero $$ option offered by company with names -you-know. Rolled those dice. Decided to go with the passion and not get stuck on a back burner. Strong site DD.
    Anyway:
    Another project, my book to film: I did an option deal with zero dough up front. Sharp cats. I had previously connected with one gent who loved the project, and his vibe was amazing--but he was very busy becoming successful actor-writer. I stood the course and he brought in a nice director and a name actor--but that didn't fly. But my guy had integrity and I believed in him as he did in me. I figured; ok--waited this long--let's see. He brought in an interested producer in January--then covid struck. Producer got back to me in July. Was told a few weeks ago two name stars were being approached. I was somewhat ambivalent... been hustling project over a lotta years, waiting for timing to line up. Producer then emailed and said one star dude wants to Zoom ... so we all did. 2 hours. A List Dude is now co-writing with my original ally and starring. So--ya just never know. I had pitched managers n agents on both projects over long stretches of time. Lots of interest. No reps. So did both deals on my own. I knew my script wasn't quite up to par-- so I didn't insist on screenwriter dough. I went with book rights and life rights dough and a 15% producer cut. Stay the course folks; ya just never know. 2 long worked projects hitting within a matter of weeks from one another. Ya never know.

Re: You Never Know

Congratulations Jazzed, way to hustle and looks like you made the right decisions to get the outcome you wanted. Best of luck!

Comment

Congratulations, Jazzed, well done.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Nice! Congratulations.

Comment

Don't forget the Done Deal 2% cut divided the members who gave that great advice.

Comment

That's a cheap date if they hit Lol. Indebted Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X