Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Movies & Television > Television
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #11
Mpimentel
Regular

Default Re: The new X-Files....

you guys were right...

I saw, I was disappointed. The characters (except for Skinner who, wow, was great) seemed like cardboard copies of themselves.

It was like they were not Mulder and Scully, but like they were two other actors trying to be Mulder and Scully.

I just saw episode 1 and 2, and make no mistake I will see this through, because I want to believe.
Episode 2 (African commercial)
Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)
Mpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:03 PM   #12
UnequalProductions

I liked #2 better than #1. It reminds me how many shows ripped off the X-Files after it was gone.
UnequalProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:59 PM   #13
FoxHound

Episode 1 reminded me of Force Awakens. Just so many call backs to the glory days of old. Nothing new or inventive. Fifteen years and this is what we get?

Episode 2 was actually coherent, but nothing special. It just goes to show you that you can't repeat greatness. Like Mozart, Morrison, Kubrick etc, the awesomeness can't be repeated.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:22 AM   #14
Lahlowen
User

Huge, huge, HUGE X-Files fan here. My take:

Episode 1 was rushed and awkward, but they had a lot to cover, considering they were trying to catch up with existing fans while also introducing and explaining things to new viewers.

Episode 2 felt more like the old show. I have high hopes that it'll continue to get better and better. Would love it if they can continue to find a good balance between the show mythology (aliens and cover ups) and the 'case of the week' as we move forward in the 6-part series.
Lahlowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:44 PM   #15
Napoli213
New User

I will say that I was less than thrilled with the first 2 eps. However, I do hold out hope that there will be better MoW episodes. The conspiracy episodes are really not needed (IMO).

If it was me, I would just do MoW - or stand alone episodes. The conspiracy episodes need a long arc and 6 episodes is not enough time for that, if they are going to do MoW's as well.

And enough with the "I believe!" stuff. We know that already. We do. And so does all of America who didn't grow up with it because of Netflix and the Internet. Trust me, they know.

And somehow, someway, get Giorgio Tsoukalos a cameo! He should have been the character played by Joel McHale.
Napoli213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:41 PM   #16
nativeson

This was really hyped pre-premier by FB friends, then suddenly...

Radio silence.

After watching the first two Eps on amazon last night I can see why. The lines were phoned in, the dialogue was clunky, and OMG -- did Ep 2 have like, the biggest expo dump in human history? And it all seemed so contrived and ultra-political. Maybe I shouldn't have been sober
nativeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:45 PM   #17
Lahlowen
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeson View Post
And it all seemed so contrived and ultra-political. Maybe I shouldn't have been sober
True, but the original series was the same way. The difference was, it was far more clever about it. The new series feels like they've dummied the messaging down by making it too blatant. Gone is any semblance of subtlety, or message to be mined from subtext. :/
Lahlowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:25 AM   #18
FoxHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpimentel View Post
It was like they were not Mulder and Scully, but like they were two other actors trying to be Mulder and Scully.

I just saw episode 1 and 2, and make no mistake I will see this through, because I want to believe.
You nailed it. The two look old, tired and haggard, playing parodies of their former selves. Just two 50-year-olds trying to be hip again.

And episode three was awful. I feel like Carter is making these episodes intentionally shi**y in an effort to kill the X-files for good.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:49 AM   #19
evan_g
User

Watched the new season up to date so far and it's actually a blast of fun. Sure, it won't beat the originals but it's still a good hit of nostalgia and I'm excited to see how far they push the show in such a limited run of eps.
evan_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:51 AM   #20
ewtaylor
Regular

#3 was on track with the original. Next week actually looks scary. Its fun to watch just because...
ewtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote