Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #21
MargoChanning

Default Re: Creative Entertainment & Media, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac H. View Post
BTW - Why on earth would you believe that Mike Amber is an entertainment attorney?

It might be true, of course. But it could also be anyone just spouting nonsense. If it is true he clearly has zero links to CEM because otherwise it would seem to be highly unethical of him to comment on the company without mentioning his connection.

But if he doesn't have any link to this particular company ... doesn't it seem odd ?

It wasn't a current discussion - it was a discussion about a year and eight months old.

Yet he felt that he had to make a comment about this one company, which he conveniently knows the details and qualifications of the people involved.

Think about it - he created a login for the site solely to do revive an old, forgotten, discussion and support a company that he doesn't disclose any links to ... yet somehow knows about.

Doesn't that seem incredibly dubious to you ?

Mac
(BTW - The only Mike Amber (Attorney) I could find with a quick Google is a Henry Michael Amber who lists himself as a Real Estate Lawyer in Florida. I'm assuming that it isn't him !)
Mac and everyone, check this out. If this is THE Mike Amber, this dude is no attorney:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/amber-mike/4/796/a93
MargoChanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #22
CthulhuRises

CEM is the epitome of a scam. I had a friend that was involved with them...the things I could tell you...just wow. I would bet my bank account the guy who bumped this is on their payroll.
CthulhuRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #23
Joe Unidos

Just follow the golden rule: Money flows to the writer. If you want to be a producer or an investor, that's fine --but different. In your capacity as a screenwriter, you don't put out money. Period. End of discussion. Walk away. Good night, nurse.

Anyone who tries to convince you otherwise it trying to snowjob you.
Joe Unidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #24
Racoon
User

You didn't say if he had even read your script yet. I get scammers callling just from a logline I sent them. I immediatly become suspcious. So I take my phone number off my email querys and only give it them if they ask for script or synopsis?

racoon
Racoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #25
BurOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racoon View Post
You didn't say if he had even read your script yet. I get scammers callling just from a logline I sent them. I immediatly become suspcious. So I take my phone number off my email querys and only give it them if they ask for script or synopsis?

racoon
It was from a logline.
BurOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #26
Racoon
User

Yes, Bur, from my loglines. I get quite good remarks about them, so I guess that is my gift, if only I could get the script to work as well.

Racoon
Old 05-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #27
BurOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racoon View Post
Yes, Bur, from my loglines. I get quite good remarks about them, so I guess that is my gift, if only I could get the script to work as well.

Racoon
I was actually referring to my own experience with CEM.

Last edited by BurOak : 05-26-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: typo
BurOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #28
Racoon
User

Sorry for misunderstanding but I think we all have similar experiences. These people sound like people we should stear clear of.

Raccoon
Old 03-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #29
gilteed
New User

Norman C. Berns There's been lots of back and forth here, lots of "I have a wonderful script and I need money" posts. Folks, so sorry to say it, but it doesn't work that way.

Filmmaking is a business. Show Business. Your script is the show part, but without the business end of things, it's like a one-legged tripod. (Marketing is the other leg.)

I know it's hard to accept, but most investors will never read your script. Oh, maybe their third assistant will give them coverage, but that's not what they really want to know. They need to know how they'll make their money back. What's their ROI....?

In bygone days, even newbies could wave their scripts in front of Hollywood and get a buy. Wave bye-bye. Those days are long gone and it's now YOUR job to explain exactly how much your film will cost and how it can turn a profit. That brings us full circle to my original post....

If you hope to attract a producer, a director or that most elusive of all, a investor, you have to understand the business end of your script. The schedule, the budget, a plan for the business and a well crafted blueprint for marketing & promotion. I know it's not fair, I know you want to think of yourself as an artist, but art now has to make it's living in a DIY world.

You taught yourself (or someone taught you) how to craft a script. You know all about character arcs and story arcs, scenes and acts and building tension. Now it's time to learn the business end of things. It's just as important.

I teach that stuff. Others here do, too. There are books available. If you want to take one of my courses, let me know. If you want me to refer someone else, let me know. If you'd like a book on it, I'll be happy to suggest a few.

But please, please don't tell me about your script. Not until you can tell me how I'll make my money back. And who will see it. And how you'll get it to them....
gilteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #30
Levenger

Dude. No. People sell scripts as scripts. You never hear about "a new scribe who put together a great budget plan for the script and managed to get Warners interested."

Just leave. If you can dupe retards into paying your company, good for you, but you're a piece of **** and you should know that full well every time you look in a mirror. Peace out seacrest.
Levenger is offline   Reply With Quote