Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 of your ALL TIME FAVE TV series

I'm watching HEROES from the beginning right now and OMG I love the show, hence,

1.Heroes
    2.Dark Angel
    3.Taken
    4.Majka from Gurun
    5.Roswell
    6.Sliders
    7.Friends
    8.The Walking Dead

PLUS the 'really likes': Xfiles, Star Treek, Battlestar Gallactica, Firefly, 4400, Twin Peaks, House, Fraiser, Switched at Birth (we'll see where it goes), Buffy ( 1st 3 seasons), Alias ( 1st 2 seasons), Dollhouse, and OMG the effing Brady Bunch!!! I learned English watching that show and the Cosby Show. DUH Love them.
    Last edited by Filmfelinemeowmeow; 12-31-2011, 08:33 AM.

Re: 8 of your ALL TIME FAVE TV series

You're just starting a show (known to have crashed hard later) and it's already the best all time? .____.

Your list should look something like this;

The Wire (x10 cause there's no such as thing as a top 8 list)

...runner up - Miami Vice.

Comment

This isn't a list of all-time greats because there's too much tv I haven't watched (yet!), but some of the shows I've enjoyed the most, in no particular order:

The Wire
      (although season 5 pushed it a bit, but overall remains a great show)
      Peep Show (really really funny, in a pain in your gut, tears rollling down your cheeks way)
      Frasier (witty, sophisticated, funny; the quality of the episodes is a bit uneven, but on a good episode this show is excellent in every way)
      House MD (seasons 1-4: if the show had stopped there, it would have been almost flawless; I can't get over the experience of reading the pilot...perfect pilot for a network procedural)
      Northern Exposure (no other show ever that's made me care so much about its characters; funny, clever, sophisticated, great cast...)
      Twin Peaks (do I really need to say anything here? Either you love it or you don't)
      Magnum P.I. (I'm still dreaming they remake it into a film with Will Smith as Thomas Magnum and a sexy middle-aged woman as Higgins... yes, I know it's not gonna happen, but I felt really clever the first time I thought about it)
      8th spot: I've decided to keep it for a couple of recent shows that I think hold a lot of promise: Boss (interesting first season, especially the last shot) and Luck (yes, I loved the pilot and hope to love the show).

Honorable mentions: Veronica Mars, Rubicon, X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Carnivale, The Sopranos, Babylon 5, Space: Above and Beyond, Dexter, Californication (season 1), V (original series), Futurama, The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, The Powerpuff Girls, Seinfield, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Dallas, Friday Night Lights, Smallville, Deadwood, Breaking Bad,...

Comment

[quote=Paradis;780024]You're just starting a show (known to have crashed hard later) and it's already the best all time? [quote]

Mr. Knowitall, I said "watching Heroes from the beginging" as in it is already my fave - hence, seen Heroes to the end and wishing there was more of it. I forgot to add Sliders. So I guess I have more than that, adding Star Treek and Battlestar Gallactica and Firefly into the mix, but my absolute top fave 8 I listed.

Heroes was a beautiful show and I am very sad it ended, same with Sliders, same with Dark Angel. I love science fiction, I wish there was more of it everywhere! Don't judge me Paradis, go with the flow, don't blow. LOL
        Last edited by Filmfelinemeowmeow; 12-31-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Dazzler
          Eight is NOT Enough!

A couple of these shows wouldn't be on my "best" list.

But anyway here goes...

Batman
          Deadwood
          Diff'rent Strokes
          Homicide: Life on the Street
          M*A*S*H
          Seinfeld
          The Soprano's
          The Wire
          Wait a minute, there was a tv show called Batman? OMG. It must have been when I moved to the US and I was very young, pre Sci Fi crazy. Really? Is it on Netflix or Hulu?

Comment

Is Planet Of Apes considered a tv series or a film in 3 parts? I loved that too. Not FAVE top 8 but I loved it

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Vergerus View Post
              This isn't a list of all-time greats because there's too much tv I haven't watched (yet!), but some of the shows I've enjoyed the most, in no particular order:

The Wire (although season 5 pushed it a bit, but overall remains a great show)
              Peep Show (really really funny, in a pain in your gut, tears rollling down your cheeks way)
              Frasier (witty, sophisticated, funny; the quality of the episodes is a bit uneven, but on a good episode this show is excellent in every way)
              House MD (seasons 1-4: if the show had stopped there, it would have been almost flawless; I can't get over the experience of reading the pilot...perfect pilot for a network procedural)
              Northern Exposure (no other show ever that's made me care so much about its characters; funny, clever, sophisticated, great cast...)
              Twin Peaks (do I really need to say anything here? Either you love it or you don't)
              Magnum P.I. (I'm still dreaming they remake it into a film with Will Smith as Thomas Magnum and a sexy middle-aged woman as Higgins... yes, I know it's not gonna happen, but I felt really clever the first time I thought about it)
              8th spot: I've decided to keep it for a couple of recent shows that I think hold a lot of promise: Boss (interesting first season, especially the last shot) and Luck (yes, I loved the pilot and hope to love the show).

Honorable mentions: Veronica Mars, Rubicon, X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Carnivale, The Sopranos, Babylon 5, Space: Above and Beyond, Dexter, Californication (season 1), V (original series), Futurama, The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, The Powerpuff Girls, Seinfield, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Dallas, Friday Night Lights, Smallville, Deadwood, Breaking Bad,...
              I loooved Twin Peaks!! Not my top 8 faves but I did love it. We used to have Twin Peak Fridays in Sommerville at a friend's house Love HOUSE, I wish so much my dad was still alive to see that show. He was just that type of doctor. One time he saved a man's life by pinning his tongue to his chin with a safety pin LOL because the guy was choking on his tongue and the paramedics just could not keep it out of his mouth he was turning blue during non stop seizures so my dad threw caution to the wind. I wonder what Deadwood is about, have to look that up. Didn't like Smallville, but all my gay friends did LOL Dallas? You'd have to tape my eye lids open, same with Prince of Bel Air and Breaking Bad was oK

Comment

Not in any order:

- Battlestar Galactica
                - Carnivale
                - Dexter
                - Firefly
                - Breaking Bad
                - Seinfeld
                - The Simpsons

Comment

@#$%%^&! I forgot DEXTER!!! I ♥ him.

Comment

Originally posted by Filmfelinemeowmeow View Post
                    Don't judge me Paradis, go with the flow, don't blow. LOL
                    hey now, I enjoy a little variety. I railed the entire Firefly season inside a week and loved it. I still standby Lost despite it's rocky last season.

...Heroes was just an objectively bad show
                    Last edited by Paradis; 12-31-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

In no order what-so-ever

Breaking bad
                      The young ones (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083505/) because it's old
                      Married with children (until the arrival of ted (deathwatch) Mcginley)
                      Hill Street Blues
                      West Wing
                      X files (maybe the first 5-6 series)
                      House (despite a series 7 dip)
                      M*A*S*H

Honorable mentions

Soap
                      Modern family

which nicely sneaks my list to ten
                      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

In no particular order-

DANGEROUS SCHOOL TRIPS
                        YIKES! WE'VE ADOPTED A ZOMBIE!
                        FARMYARD TREACHERY
                        BOBBY'S IN THE BASEMENT
                        GOD HATES YOU, JEREMY CAMPBELL
                        THE SECRET SMITHSONIAN
                        SPIRIT BREAKERS
                        LESBIANS VS MORMANS

Honorable mentions.

ZOOCOPS
                        PIMP MY GENITALS
                        "Only nothing is impossible."
                        - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
                          In no particular order-

DANGEROUS SCHOOL TRIPS
                          FARMYARD TREACHERY
                          BOBBY'S IN THE BASEMENT
                          THE SECRET SMITHSONIAN
                          SPIRIT BREAKERS
                          LESBIANS VS MORMANS

Honorable mentions.

ZOOCOPS
                          PIMP MY GENITALS
                          Sh!t! I thought this was real. ROFLMAO!

Comment

The Twilight Zone (original)
                            The Outer Limits (original)
                            Action
                            The X-Files
                            (I hear rumors that there were two more seasons after it ended, but I don't believe).
                            Spaced
                            Primeval

Charle Brooker's Screenwipe
                            The Young Ones

Invader Zim would have been number nine. Maybe in a few months The Walking Dead will bump one of these...hopefully.
                            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
                              In no particular order-

DANGEROUS SCHOOL TRIPS
                              FARMYARD TREACHERY
                              BOBBY'S IN THE BASEMENT
                              THE SECRET SMITHSONIAN
                              SPIRIT BREAKERS
                              LESBIANS VS MORMANS

Honorable mentions.

ZOOCOPS
                              PIMP MY GENITALS

Which episode of LESBIANS VS MORMANS was your favourite?
                              Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Working...
                              X