Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
ClintW3
Regular

Default Solstice Studios

Does anyone happen to have the email structure?

Thanks in advance.
ClintW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
catcon

Default Re: Solstice Studios

Well, I'd never heard of them, so if they're worth adding to my 4000+ name database, I figure I'll see what I can find.

Took me about 2 minutes. Here are the steps I followed: (not to boast, just to show how you have to really dig for stuff, and connect dots; hopefully helpful to ye' all)

- searched for solsticestudios.com; false hit (ignored the cute jewelry site that came up)

- searched for (enter the quotes)
Quote:
"solstice studios" film
and got some interesting hits; ignored the Variety and other articles, because they never disclose the website or email, of course), however they do often list company personnel and confirm the company name (ie. that it's not Solstice Films, Entertainment, etc.)

- However, one search result listed a LinkedIn hit for a staffer, including a Creative Executive with initials W.M. (I don't want to disclose here; you can redo the search to find it)

- As in most cases, the LinkedIn profile didn't list the website/email either, but... I redid the Google search with (make sure you enter the quotes as shown):
Quote:
"Solstice Studios" film "W.M.'s contact name"
- to get a lot more listings, including the web domain, which listed the same (and other) personnel on the .../team/ page. Aha, so now I had the website!

- on the website, its 'Contact' page is pretty clear about no-submissions:

Quote:
We have a policy against accepting unsolicited literary, dramatic, or other materials for consideration - Solstice only accepts submissions of literary, dramatic, or other materials from franchised literary agencies, managers, and motion picture producers with whom we regularly conduct business.
But still, for future use, I did my usual email search (with quotes as shown):

Quote:
"@enteractualdomainname.com"
Which drilled down to what email structure they do use, beyond the info@ shown, and came up with... again, I can't reveal it here, publicly, but it was mostly firstinitialsurname@, with a mix for assistants etc.

But you can repeat these steps and if you have some weight or a rep, maybe you can hit them up.

I won't... ... unless I win the Nicholl this year, or something equivalent. I do try to follow their rules about submissions.
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
catcon

Part deux:

I keep underestimating LinkedIn, even though I'm already a big fan.

I could have gotten the website, and skipped much of the arcane Googling in the prior post, by searching for the company in LinkedIn.

Solstice is right there, with the same 'About' as on their website, along with their domain, etc.

And as for the 'no unsolicited', okay, they are... but on their About page they mention their partnership with Ingenious Media... Urp. Never heard of them.

Redid some of the same searches (via Google, and they're on LinkedIn too, as 'Ingenious Media Group') and, voila, website!

Yes, they're mostly finance, but still very interesting. And you never know what less departments they have for production, or what future plans they may have.

LinkedIn had one 'creative' titled person, and 26 'development' titled people, but on my free LinkedIn account, I'm at month's end and it only shows me 3 at a time. I'll retry in a week to see if there's somebody relevant, if even for a customized query (not a simple script pitch) and see what happens. (Their email is mostly first.last@, a determined by my usual Google email search.)

So, thanks OP! Always happy to find a new one for my database!
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
ClintW3
Regular

Awesome.
Impressive research skills!
ClintW3 is offline   Reply With Quote