Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Screenwriters Association ISA is now paid site

Stopped by ISA website today and found out they got a new site and now its a paid site. 10 bucks a month or 100 a year. I've never seen any big paying gigs on there. Just a lot of wanna bees advertising they want a screenwriter to write their book and share in profits?

Racoon

Re: International Screenwriters Association ISA is now paid site

I've never heard of International Screenwriters Association before but everytime you turn around there's another site, book, app, seminar, contest etc trying to make money from people trying to be screenwriters. That's one of the reasons Done Deal Pro is worth it is because it helps you sort THROUGH all the junk and figure out what's actually worth your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Racoon View Post
      Stopped by ISA website today and found out they got a new site and now its a paid site. 10 bucks a month or 100 a year. I've never seen any big paying gigs on there. Just a lot of wanna bees advertising they want a screenwriter to write their book and share in profits?

Racoon

Hah, that's priceless. I used to browse their listings on occasion. The, "gigs" are exactly what you mentioned. Charging money to see them is nothing short of farcical.

Comment

I can't vouch for the quality or effectiveness of the site, but a friend who joined said the $100 annual fee is currently half price if you enter the promo code ISAbeta.

Comment

What a joke...
          www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
          http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

still looks free to me. i don't know what you're seeing.
            LA
            Check out my animated feature available on VOD:
            www.TheGridZom.com

Comment

If you look under writing gigs . . the poster's emails are not visible. If you try to find the emails it brings up something for you to join and pay.

Racoon

Comment

i took it that far... signed in... would've been able to submit if i had wanted to. nothing there, that i wanted to submit to. maybe a fee comes much later. dunno.
                LA
                Check out my animated feature available on VOD:
                www.TheGridZom.com

Comment

Working...
                X