Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Business Questions and Advice
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #101
omovie

Default Re: Backlash against the pros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Haas I'd be happy to... let's do this! derek@derekhaas.com.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRbt View Post
Cool. I'll be in touch.
You Hollywood guys never stray from the happy ending, do you?
Old 02-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #102
sc111

* edited****

Never mind. This poll debate is getting silly now.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #103
JeffLowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCleaner View Post
"48 said they never paid..."

Worthwhile polling or research gets at what they do, not what they say.
Quoted because I want to make sure I can find this next time I'm tempted to do something helpful.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #104
nic.h

"Tap, tap, tap." Is this microphone on?

Website
Tweets
Book
Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #105
asjah8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic.h View Post
"Tap, tap, tap." Is this microphone on?
it's superbowl sunday in america, nic.

i'm guessing that men are sitting around drinking beers, getting all feisty as they wait for the game to begin; happens every year in dd. the flame rate has already dropped off significantly since kick-off happened.

(modified to clarify my post)

Last edited by asjah8 : 02-06-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: modified to clarify
Old 02-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #106
belac
User

I think what's even funnier about this entire thread and others like it are the people rallying around the pros, up-in-arms about treating the pros badly. I don't see it at all. I see a couple people having a contrary opinion, and let's face it there is always another opinion.

Pretty much everybody is alligning with the pros. Do I see something that's not there? Pros can do anything because they're pros, right? No, pros are pros because what they do is better than everybody else. They try to convey the story in a way that will reach the reader. They make choices, those choices work. They continue making those choices, it continues to work. Rinse and repeat.

It's phenominal to have real life stars on this board with hands on realities. Thanks you guys, keep having your opinions and expressing because the community will benefit. We are all trying for the same thing, it helps to listen to people who have achieved it so we can emulate them with our own 'voice'.

SALUD

Last edited by belac : 02-06-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #107
one seven spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by belac View Post
It's phenominal to have real life stars on this board with hands on realities. Thanks you guys, keep having your opinions and expressing because the community will benefit. We are all trying for the same thing, it helps to listen to people who have achieved it so we can emulate them with our own 'voice'.

SALUD
+1
Old 02-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #108
belac
User

Listen, I just rolled a fatty and flipped in Gerry Rafferty, baker street and I'm preparing to write a scene. Everybody else should find their happy spot, light up, or do whatever and start whittling your fingers to your knuckles and jump up during the guitar solo and be silly.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #109
nic.h

Quote:
Originally Posted by asjah8 View Post
it's superbowl sunday in america, nic.

men sitting around drinking beers, getting all feisty as they wait for the game to begin; happens every year in dd. as you'll see, the flame rate has already dropped off significantly - we've had kick-off.
I should have guessed. My husband is home from work watching it as we speak. (He's American, bless him.)

Point is, keep it civil and on topic.

Website
Tweets
Book
Old 02-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #110
Rantanplan

I love DDP !!!

I was trying to get away from here for a while to concentrate on life priorities, and then all these pros suddenly joined and things got a hell of a lot more interesting.

And now I find myself reading through these endless but fascinating threads instead of agonizing over a bitch of a translation assignment where super technical military lingo has to be translated into French.

(thread hijack: if anybody here has ever served in the French Foreign Legion or otherwise knows anything about the subject matter, please lend a desperate chick a helping hand so she can feel all Jacques Bauer-like and also pay her rent and feed her dog)

But seriously, I hope the new pro members stick around, this is all great stuff --especially when it leads to spirited debate. If everybody always agreed on everything, life would be boring indeed and there would be nothing to ever write about.
Closed Thread