Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #21
NikeeGoddess
User

Default Re: What Prod Co's Actually DO Accept Email Queries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcon View Post
How much is too much for these busy people?
knowing when a question cannot really be answered is the first step to....
they're human's just like us. some will never get annoyed at your persistence while others have a twitchy delete trigger finger.
NikeeGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #22
Mario_C
Regular

A few weeks after I last posted, I attended a seminar with a development exec (e.g. a guy who is currently picking up scripts to sell them - his webpage is nobullscript.net FWIW) who was gung ho about eMailing queries. NOT snail mail and NOT phone pitching. I tried to actually brush that off and ask him about phone querying, and he was like, "Are you crazy?! Why do you want to cold call?!"

So everyone is different. There is no one answer that always works, which makes it harder.
If you get an eMail / online contact, send the query and follow up with a call in about 3 weeks. I hate cold calling so I have a weekday aside to do the follow-up calls, and that warms me up to make phone calls to prodcos that don't post an eMail . Whatever it takes.
My 2 centimes. What do I know?
Old 06-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #23
Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbottle View Post
I guarantee he's never called them.

But IF I were going to contact them here is how I would do it. I wouldn't call the main number like a complete fvcktard. I would pick someone lower ranking but not a secretary say... Ryan Lynch who is a (production coordinator at Pixar at least according to IMDB) Then I would do some research and I would find that she has two alternate e-mails one listed on IMDB ryan@missmottmedia.com and the other listed on her facebook page ryanlynch77@gmail.com and begin to build some sort of relationship with her via that and then mention you were wondering if she would give you some feedback on your project or find some reason why she was whom you chose to send it to.

This is advice I was given by producers like Gary Goldstein (Pretty Woman) and you know what? It works.
Good idea and attitude. Dirtbottle is spilling champagne.
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote