Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Wait time for response to email query

I did search the forum, but the thread I found (from 2002) said that 2 days was pretty average. That seems pretty off to me, but I am very new to this.

Anyone have another estimate? A few weeks?

Re: Standard Wait time for response to email query

Originally posted by pedroj012 View Post
    I did search the forum, but the thread I found (from 2002) said that 2 days was pretty average. That seems pretty off to me, but I am very new to this.

Anyone have another estimate? A few weeks?

Two days would be an amazing turnaround time. For cold queries, any response is good... and it could take anywhere from two weeks to six months on average, depending on how busy they are and how often they sift through their queries.

Comment

My standard time - 4+ years and still waiting.
      If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
      Dave Barry

Comment

Don't wait. Keep querying. Keep writing. Keep querying some more. I really can't imagine anybody so "perfect" for any script that I'd really care to follow-up to make sure they "didn't miss it".

I mean, there's always somebody else, and it's too heartrending sitting around waiting.

For that one in a thousand that lost track of your email, it's hardly worth getting your hopes up. It's probably a "no/pass" or they didn't even care enough to read the thing in the first place.

Now, if it's a requested query, or especially a requested/submitted script, that's a different story.

Heck, for me to print one (it still happens, though mostly it's emailed PDF) and send it cross-country, it's nearly $25. For that, I do deserve an answer and will follow-up in a month or so. However, they've usually beaten me to the punch and gotten back to me before I enquire.

G'luck!

Comment

there's no such thing as "standard wait time".
          two extremes:
          1 - never - is the most popular
          2 - but even if they love your stuff if it's not what they want then they might bank. years later their company is looking for that a script like the one they read years ago and then they might come looking for you.

Comment

there is no standard response time. I have had people respond 3 months after the initial query, at a small place that you would think progresses thru their queires regularly.

Then again, I also cold Q'd a major production company and they picked up the phone, called me and requested the script within 2 hours of me clicking send.

But lets not get delusional either, that major prod company thing was about three months ago and as of my last interaction (about 3 weeks ago) they still havent read it.

Comment

Working...
            X