Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diablo Cody's directing debut

Not a fan of hers and probably will never see Juno, thought the dialogue in the script was great after skipping around reading it....but all that aside, I love her personality and can definitely see why people would want to work with her. She seems like a really cool person to be around. I'd be interested in seeing what she can bring to the director's chair.
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Not a fan of hers and I have nothing against her, but I do wish her luck.

But mainly because I want to direct some day, so if this is a success...

I wonder if she has any experience? John August directed a short film before he directed The Nines, is she just jumping into features?
      what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
        Not a fan of hers and probably will never see Juno, thought the dialogue in the script was great after skipping around reading it....but all that aside, I love her personality and can definitely see why people would want to work with her. She seems like a really cool person to be around. I'd be interested in seeing what she can bring to the director's chair.

Wait, you named yourself after a movie you've never seen? Makes me wonder why you didn't choose "Backdoor bangers 4 Styles" as your moniker now...

Comment

Originally posted by dirtbottle View Post
          Wait, you named yourself after a movie you've never seen? Makes me wonder why you didn't choose "Backdoor bangers 4 Styles" as your moniker now...
          I registered in 2005 and she specifically came to this website and stole the name from me. We are in the middle of a nasty lawsuit and she is trying to negotiate giving me lap dances for payments instead of money. Some people will just nickel and dime you until the very end I tell ya.
          One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

We are in the middle of a nasty lawsuit and she is trying to negotiate giving me lap dances for payments instead of money.
            DONE DEAL!
            "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Man, a year ago anything DC related was a bash-a-thon.

Glad to see people are changing... Or have left
              Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky1288 View Post
                Man, a year ago anything DC related was a bash-a-thon.

Glad to see people are changing... Or have left

Don't be confused, I still don't think juno should've been anywhere NEAR an academy award and her follow up work has obviously not been too great.

I'm just saying good for her for getting to direct.

Comment

I got Lamb of God a few days ago and I've finally gotten around to reading it so I'd like to pitch in my two cents.
                  I'm gonna judge the script itself since I bear no ill will towards Diablo as a person or celebrity like some people seem to do.
                  Indeed, I wish her nothing but the best since, putting aside the quality or craft of her screenwriting, just by reading her work one gets the impression she's probably a fun person to hang out with.
                  I think that quality is part of what makes her work appealing to so many people.

That said, I found this a somewhat odd script for her to come out with at this juncture.
                  I wouldn't be surprised if she actually wrote it (or at the very least had it on mind) before she got around to Young Adult. I'd say it's more mature than Juno but definitely less so than YA.
                  The biggest problem with Lamb of God is that the author seems to want to force catharsis by having her characters talk about how they feel and what they're looking for and what have they discovered or found… it doesn't work that way! Of course it's possible for a character to be self-aware but that doesn't mean you can have them talking out loud about the themes, it just undercuts whatever sentiment there may be.
                  Declaring you're feeling something doesn't make the reader feel anything except embarrassment. If I didn't know otherwise, I'd think this was the work of a first-timer.
                  Don't get me wrong, the first 20 pages or so are reasonably strong, it's just that after that it's all downhill.
                  Plus, it ends up backpedaling a bit on the whole atheist thing. Bummer.

Comment

maybe it was a first draft?

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

maybe it was a first draft?
                      The draft I have didn't specify. I'm sure there'll be some changes but since the project is already announced and she's going to direct it, which means that the person who has to approve the script is herself, I dunno, I'd bet dollars to donuts that it won't change much from script to screen.

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminVega View Post
                        The draft I have didn't specify. I'm sure there'll be some changes but since the project is already announced and she's going to direct it, which means that the person who has to approve the script is herself, I dunno, I'd bet dollars to donuts that it won't change much from script to screen.
                        Maybe it was an earlier script from BEFORE she wrote juno?

Comment

...and it's still listed in script status on imdb so who knows what draft or how many more changes it'll go through. they're not even in pre-production yet. depending on who gets attached they could make suggestions or have concerns about certain things...anything could happen between now and when they start rolling camera.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

True enough, anything can happen. I wish her all the best and I figure she's sufficiently savvy to improve it before the cameras get rolling.

Comment

I'm sure the fact that she's polishing the new "Evil Dead" remake script will get some people talking...and boiling with rage.
                              @TerranceMulloy

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Last edited by AJ_FIN; 06-08-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X