No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mad Men: Season 5 Premier

*****Spoilers + thoughts*****

1) Don offering Lane money, and forcing him to leave and move on immediately made me think of Draper's younger brother, Adam Whitman. Lane and Adam also both hung (hanged?) themselves. Don has to be feeling pretty guilty, but it's also a testament to his resilience as a survivor and his ability to start over from nothing.

2) Weird vibes from Glen (MWs son). The show really drew some psychological and physical similarities between him and Don at the end. Glen also made a passing comment to Sally about thinking of her like a little sister. Is MW about to reveal that Glen is Don's love child???
    Last edited by mge457; 06-05-2012, 02:24 PM. Reason: typo
    "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

*****************spoiler

2) Weird vibes from Glen (MWs son). The show really drew some psychological and physical similarities between him and Don at the end. Glen also made a passing comment to Sally about thinking of her like a little sister. Is MW about to reveal that Glen is Don's love child??

You got weird vibes from Glen cuz he's a weird perv who has mommy infatuation. A couple seasons ago he was "stalking" betty and exposed himself to her. Now he has a new infatuation in meghan. the previews for next week show an angry meghan saying "i can hear you breathing" into the phone.

Clearly Glen up to his old tricks. I actually knew a kid growing up who pulled this **** w a neighbohood mom. its real.

Comment

Interesting season finale, but didn't really feel like one. Really liked the end + final song (You Only Live Twice by Nancy Sinatra).

*****Spoiler

Thought they would have had Don ask Peggy to recommend Megan for something (PM's new lady cigarettes perhaps?). This would have avoided the bias issue, but made Megan feel like she really earned it, while generating future storylines as that product potentially grows (nice conflict there).

Also are they just Sterling Cooper Draper? Or Sterling Cooper Draper Cambell? (assuming Pete is next inline for his name on the door).

Final question - will Don say he's alone (and cheat) or stay faithful?

Personally, I think he reverts to 'Old Don' as he didn't look real happy walking away from that soundstage. Also ordering the old fashioned took me right back to Smoke Gets in Your Eyes (Pilot).
        Last edited by mge457; 06-11-2012, 01:36 AM.
        "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

to me, he seemed satisfied when he walked away. his wife finally got something she wanted, pampered with hair, makeup, and cameras.

this is only my 3rd episode and no it didn't seem like a seasonal finale. that cliffhanger was kinda lame. but if that what draper was all about then a cheating he will go! it's so common anyway. why not? he should take them both. and b/c his wife just got what she wanted then she won't even notice the sweet perfumed smell of two ladies on him.

Comment

Did anyone happen to watch it on DISH? And if so, did you find it infuriating when the "keepamctv" campaigne kept breaking in with urgent pleas to call DISH re: the cancellation of our favorite AMC shows??

I did my duty a few weeks ago, but really, to break in constantly? And during the season FINALE? Really???

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HLTassin View Post
              Did anyone happen to watch it on DISH? And if so, did you find it infuriating when the "keepamctv" campaigne kept breaking in with urgent pleas to call DISH re: the cancellation of our favorite AMC shows??

I did my duty a few weeks ago, but really, to break in constantly? And during the season FINALE? Really???

Yes, I have DISH. As if having to search all the way up to channel 9600+ to find it, we just might have to do with AMC very soon.
              "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Originally posted by HLTassin View Post

It's not just on DISH. I saw the same commercials on Verizon FiOS. But it's not like they were during the show, so who cares?

Comment

Working...
                X