Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift ideas for Reps

What's a good Christmas gift to get for your literary manager or agent? Anyone have any good ideas?

Re: Gift ideas for Reps

Last year I got my manager a nice bottle of wine. Seemed to go over well.

Comment

10%.

Comment

I would suggest a gift based on the depth of your working relationship. In other words, if you are close friends and you know what that person's interests are then you can gear the gift towards something that is a bit more personable.

As an example, if they like dogs you can get them a dog-centric gift, or if they like France you can get them a book on French history or French architecture.

If you are not that close or you don't know what they like, then stick with something neutral like a gift certificate to a local bookstore or other type of local interesting store. Small local businesses are really neat to shop in and your agent/manager may love the idea of going to a place they may have never gone to before.

Hope that helps. Have a great holiday!

Comment

Most reps appreciate but do not expect a gift. A good gesture is to get their assistant a gift. They need it more and did all that scheduling of your meetings and sending out your scripts etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Northbank View Post
            Most reps appreciate but do not expect a gift. A good gesture is to get their assistant a gift. They need it more and did all that scheduling of your meetings and sending out your scripts etc.
            I will +1 on this, of course. And I'd also say, just call the assistant. They should know and have probably had a few calls come in so they may even be able to steer you away from getting a duplicate type gift or something your rep just doesn't like, want or need.

But if you do call the assistant, then you really should get something for them. Maybe a small basket with goodies, some movie passes or an Amazon gift card so they can get what they want, for example(s).
            Will
            Done Deal Pro
            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

I got mine Amazon gift cards last year. They appreciated that.

Comment

if they are red wine lovers, i would suggest Eight Years in the Desert, (Orin Swift) it's a bit pricey but it is an exceptional wine-- both beautiful and impressive. it has a story behind it as well. it is bold and very smooth.

https://www.winespectrum.com/8-years...nd-orin-swift/

Machete (Orin Swift) is a great second choice because the bottle comes with very distinctive labels that are a throw back to 70s pop culture.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mach...0Q-N-jgz6vXOM:

these are special wines, imo, at least. $45 - $60 somewhere there abouts.
                "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
                X