Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen CATASTROPHE?

I'm taking advantage of a free Amazon Prime month to catch up on a few things (or discover, actually, since there's so much content out there that I've never even heard of).

Anyway, it's a fresh take on a rom-com series, with a British chick and an American dude who get preggers after a fling while he's on business in London and who decide to give it a shot together. What's refreshing is that they're attractive in a non-Hollywood way, i.e. less than perfect teeth, lines on their face, regular clothes and such, plus the mix of her acerbic British wit and his sentimental-American-liberal-male type personality makes for a nice contrast. Also, any show about pregnancy that avoids the cliche of a woman running frantic down the drugstore aisle grabbing every single pregnancy test on the market... well I salute that.

So it seems Amazon is definitely going the Netflix way and coming up with some great original programming. I dig ALPHA HOUSE as well, but apparently it's over.

It's a whole new world order. And it's hard to keep up!

Re: Has anyone seen CATASTROPHE?

Is there a US version of this, English guy, US girlfriend?
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
      Is there a US version of this, English guy, US girlfriend?
      Um, I don't know, but don't you think it's more interesting when the woman is the more cynical one? I think it makes for better dynamics. After all, the Brits' idea of a compliment is, You silly cow, or whatever. (yes, that's gender reversal, but I couldn't think of a girl-to-guy "compliment" right off the top of my head.)

Comment

Watched it last summer. Loved it. The best thing was that when you try to explain the premise to someone "This British woman and this American guy have a fling and she gets pregnant and they try to make it work..." people look at you like OMG. But it's really good! I love that what seems like a cheesy, over-done premise can still be fresh.

Comment

The first season of Catastrophe is one of the best new "sit-coms" to come along in years. Season Two wasn't nearly as strong but still sharply-written.
          NOTES / COVERAGE
          15,000+ Screenplays
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X