Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Irishman - Anti-Aging

watched the trailer for Scorsese's $125 million, "The Irishman" that uses anti-aging techniques to allow Pacino and DeNiro (of a few) to be shown at various ages across time.

my first thought was, why? why not usher in a new era of talent for this epic period mob drama tale? and why is it so important to Netflix to be an "Oscar" contenders? are they searching for some kind of validation?

could this be a part of their future model? where they have theatrical releases then ONLY allow there film to be seen on Netflix, or will they possibly license their "original content" to other streamers and cable channels?

it's curious. any thoughts?
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: The Irishman - Anti-Aging

because of the way their deals are set up with the talent, i.e., little or no backend participation, Netflix is unlikely to syndicate their own stuff.

unclear how wide of a theatrical release this will get but hopefully they learned their lesson from Roma, which could easily have won Best Picture if Netflix hadn't totally ****ed up the theatrical distribution. they're going to have to play ball according to the Academy's rules or they're just going to keep losing

Comment

I watched the trailer and I swear I couldn't see anti-aging in the scenes at all -- I saw more they made them look older in other scenes, but the younger scenes they looked the same to me. Am I crazy?

Also, is Godfather 2 a great movie? And remember how great that tech worked with Marlon Brando to show him young? Oh wait, they cast a different actor to play him, but we still understand it was the same person... what ever happened to that actor that played him? I guess we'll never know...

(also Netflix is TV section, even if this is a film by one of the best of all time with great cast? I would choose film. I can't even figure out which forums anymore...)

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
        I watched the trailer and I swear I couldn't see anti-aging in the scenes at all -- I saw more they made them look older in other scenes, but the younger scenes they looked the same to me. Am I crazy?

Also, is Godfather 2 a great movie? And remember how great that tech worked with Marlon Brando to show him young? Oh wait, they cast a different actor to play him, but we still understand it was the same person... what ever happened to that actor that played him? I guess we'll never know...

(also Netflix is TV section, even if this is a film by one of the best of all time with great cast? I would choose film. I can't even figure out which forums anymore...)
        haha, dude, they're like 75 and 79 now.

i didn't know where to put it-- it's going to have a theatrical release in time for Oscar consideration. but if they do that will it negate an Emmy option?

can they qualify for both?
        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

They look then 65 and 69 not 45 or whatever. It wasn't worth the money.

Comment

As far as Oscars, at the end of the day it is a few thousand industry veterans doing the voting. They will reward great work in most the categories, but (IMO) likely to be hesitant for voting for a Best Picture done mostly outside of the traditional distribution channel. When something really, really deserves it, it will happen.

Comment

I can't wait until the backlash when people find out DeNiro isn't' Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                watched the trailer for Scorsese's $125 million, "The Irishman" that uses anti-aging techniques to allow Pacino and DeNiro (of a few) to be shown at various ages across time.

it's curious. any thoughts?
                I think the anti-aging thing is being used a lot more than we realize. Especially in some of these gazillion dollar blockbusters, I've suspected that there's no way makeup alone can make these actors and actresses look so pristine. If a movie is practically all-CGI anyway, why not fix a few bags and wrinkles?
                "THIMK." - Amomynous

Comment

The greatest stunt Cruise pulls off is looking 35 in every MI film.

Comment

Working...
                  X