This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathy Muraviov of The Muraviov Company

Anyone ever dealt with her? I have a meeting with her regarding a script next week. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this boutique firm.

Thanks,

Johnny

Re: Kathy Muraviov of The Muraviov Company

i sent her a script -- she read it super quick, but passed as she didn't' fall in love with it.

She was very kind and nice. See her name a lot on trackingb.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhnnyferrari View Post
      Anyone ever dealt with her? I have a meeting with her regarding a script next week. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this boutique firm.

Thanks,

Johnny
      You should do a search, there have been several recent posts by DD'ers who are repped by her.
      http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

I agree with Bono, had the same type of experience with her.
        "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          i sent her a script -- she read it super quick, but passed as she didn't' fall in love with it.

She was very kind and nice. See her name a lot on trackingb.
          Question if you don't mind. I sent her a script on March 20 and haven't heard back. She did say that she was loaded and wasn't reading anything new, but loved the synopsis, so to please send it, anyway.

How quick did she read yours and write back and was this recently or awhile back? I don't want to bother her as I kind of got the impression that she was really bogged down.

What to do? What to do? I always felt that if they want you, they will find you, but sometimes a little reminder doesn't hurt. I figured I would wait another two weeks or so. Any thoughts?

Thanx

Comment

joeb,

Send it out to perhaps 10 or 20 managers at the same time.

EJ

Comment

It's been a month, I'd say time for a follow up.
              http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jodeb View Post
                Question if you don't mind. I sent her a script on March 20 and haven't heard back. She did say that she was loaded and wasn't reading anything new, but loved the synopsis, so to please send it, anyway.

How quick did she read yours and write back and was this recently or awhile back? I don't want to bother her as I kind of got the impression that she was really bogged down.

What to do? What to do? I always felt that if they want you, they will find you, but sometimes a little reminder doesn't hurt. I figured I would wait another two weeks or so. Any thoughts?
                Hi

I had the exact same thing happen. She said send it, I sent it, even got a confirmation of receipt email from her. Aa month passes, I email politely and she says she never got the script (I emailed using her 'request script' reply just so she could see she asked for it and that I wasn't conning her). She asked me to resend and read it quickly and got back to me. Real pro and very nice.

March 20th - I'd say you're okay for a follow-up cause that's how long I waited (and it turned out it went astray somewhere).

MYD

Comment

You guys are good. Thank you all for your advice. I guess I will send that followup NOW.

Again, thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by madyellowduck View Post
                    Hi

I had the exact same thing happen. She said send it, I sent it, even got a confirmation of receipt email from her. A month passes, I email politely and she says she never got the script (I emailed using her 'request script' reply just so she could see she asked for it and that I wasn't conning her). She asked me to resend and read it quickly and got back to me. Real pro and very nice.

March 20th - I'd say you're okay for a follow-up cause that's how long I waited (and it turned out it went astray somewhere).

MYD
                    Wow, did you hit the nail right on the head. I also had gotten a confirmation that she had received the script the *first* name.

She was really sweet and wrote back that she didn't have the script for whatever reason and apologized for being so scatterbrained and asked me to re-send it, which I just did. (along with her original request)

I guess I can expect a quick read. Not too quick though, if you know what I mean, lol.

Thanks again to all.

Comment

A quick scan of her clients on IMDBPro shows that none of them have agency representation. That's not a good sign, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by night fugue View Post
                        A quick scan of her clients on IMDBPro shows that none of them have agency representation. That's not a good sign, imo.
                        I've heard she doesn't seek out agents for her clients.

Also heard she does "one script at time" representation, not careers.

Comment

To address the agent question:

Originally posted by TheRobotard8000 View Post
                          I know of several A-list writers who have a manager and a lawyer and nothing else.
                          She does both as far as scripts/careers - depends on the scenario/writer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                            I've heard she doesn't seek out agents for her clients.

Also heard she does "one script at time" representation, not careers.
                            I think she'd like to work with agents but I'm not sure on her pull with them. That's just IMO.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by loopdesign
                              I'd echo everyone's positive comments about Kathy. She's really nice and very professional. Regarding her track record, I'd say the buzz about "the Operatives" and "Manhattan Undying" says a lot.
                              What's been the buzz, if you would say so? I haven't heard anything beyond the initial post, then silence on trackingb.

Comment

Working...
                              X