No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let American Idol Begin!

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
    Simon did the thing last night were he tells Alison that he's very worried about her and then praises Matt in order to make sure that Matt goes home.
    Why would Simon do that to Matt when he voted to save him?
    Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
    Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
    Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Warning to west coast TiVo-ers. The episode ran WAY over tonight. I have no idea who got kicked off, despite setting mine to tape five minutes over.

Comment

Whew! Narrowly dodged a bullet with this one! I'm guessing his fans will not let Adam be in the bottom two again.

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
          Whew! Narrowly dodged a bullet with this one! I'm guessing his fans will not let Adam be in the bottom two again.
          His fans shouldn't have let him be there to begin with, if he has enough. I don't recall ever seeing the so-called fan favorite ever end up bottom two so soon before the finale. If it weren't for the judges using their save a couple of weeks ago, maybe Matt isn't there to buffer Adam this time.

He's too Broadway for my taste. I can't imagine hearing him on Top 40 radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
            His fans shouldn't have let him be there to begin with, if he has enough. I don't recall ever seeing the so-called fan favorite ever end up bottom two so soon before the finale. If it weren't for the judges using their save a couple of weeks ago, maybe Matt isn't there to buffer Adam this time.

He's too Broadway for my taste. I can't imagine hearing him on Top 40 radio.
            IIRC, Ruben was in the bottom two with Trenyce when there were only five contestants left and he went on to win.

OTOH, Ryan never said that Adam was in the bottom two with Matt. He said that Kris, Adam and Matt were the bottom three and sent Kris back to safety (without saying which placement he had, which means he could very well have been the one with the second lowest votes.) We will never know.

Even on Dancing With the Stars this week, Melissa and Tony were left standing with Chuck and Julianne, but Tom Bergeron said that Melissa and Tony were NOT necessarily in the bottom two.

Idol has done that before. And certainly, it creates much more drama to leave the predicted favorite standing there until the end.

IMO, Idol took an almost too predictable throw off in Matt, turned it around to create as much drama as possible by having Adam next to him at the end, plus they also opened up their competition to create interest, by basically stating that Adam was no longer a sure thing as everyone has been predicting almost from day one.

Funny, how they took a 16, now 17 year old girl's innocent humble remark "Anyone of us can win" and ran with it on Wednesday night as the theme for the entire show. It's all about the rating and the $$$ with Idol, always was.

BTW, I am a big Allison fan and was glad to see her out of the bottom three for a change. Now if Simon can only stop hating on her in order to keep his Danny/Adam finale intact, this contest may truly go any which way, but I doubt it.

Comment

Before Allison leaves (and I hope she's in the Top Two) I want to hear her do a Janis Joplin song.
              Predictable? Maybe. But would be so amazing.

Comment

Bit of a shocker with Adam in the bottom two but I get the feeling that Adam is a judge's fave because of his technical ability and showmanship, but that America can't distinguish that technical ability as well (and therefore don't care) and think his showmanship is a little over the top. I'm not sure he's going to win anymore.

As much as I liked Matt, he deserved to go. I don't care what Simon says, he was horrible last night.
                Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm the opposite of you, wilson.

I dug Matt last night and he earned my respect. The boy can blow. I didn't think he was as good as he is, IMHO. I hated to see him go.

As long as Kris don't win it, I'm cool with it.

I just think all the little girls are voting for him.

Corona
                  I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                  I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Ryan didn't say anything about Adam getting 2nd lowest votes or how many votes separated Adam from Matt. Felt like a setup to guarantee Adam goes strong the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by altoption View Post
                      Ryan didn't say anything about Adam getting 2nd lowest votes or how many votes separated Adam from Matt. Felt like a setup to guarantee Adam goes strong the rest of the way.
                      Yup.

Comment

I personally, can't stand Adam's over the top antics.

He screams everything and over-sings just about everytime. There were a few subdued performances but 90% of them have me cringing. I appear to be the only one in North America to feel this way.

I agree though. I can't hear this guy on the radio at all.

Comment

I don't know.

I got a feeling there might be an upset.

But what I really like about Adam besides his talent, is the boy is sincere when he thanks people.

I like nice people.

So if he wins, I don't mind.

As long as Kris don't win. He's gotta go.

Corona
                          I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
                          I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

He referred to them as the bottom two.

Comment

The judges have already decided.

If it were up to them, they would just give it to Adam right now.

It was a monumental hill to climb, I'll give you that. But I was totally underwhelmed with his "Whole Lotta Love" last night. He is just so schlocky to me. I'm in the clear minority here, but his "grab your balls and scream" approach drives me nuts.

I was sure they would pan him, but they totally jerked him off.

But what the hell do I know?

Comment

Yup, Adam was being ridiculous and theatrical.

I was really surprised that Alison, the "rock" girl, so underperformed last night. Rock Night really showed how lacking she was in true rock chops. At best, she can give bubblegum pop songs a rock edge.

The duet between Kris and Danny was a disaster for Kris, as Danny went out there and blasted his vocals full volume over Kris, and Simon, who has already stated that he wants Danny in the finale with Adam, handed Danny the victory. I have never seen Kris mad, but he looked mad as hell there, even storming away as they went to break. I believe he, as they woudl say, got served.

Kris then comes out and sings a Beatles song, in a singing competition, that has about two notes the entire song. Smart choice. Although he was right, he would have seemed even more ridiculous trying to sing "Revolution."

And then Danny... well, Danny lost his motherf*cking mind trying to sing those high notes on "Dream On." Even Michael Johns, the King of all Douchey Flakes, knew well enough to p*ssy out on those notes when he sang this. I swear, Danny's Bible-thumping fan base must scared sh*tless by that!

And then Adam and Alison perform "Slow Ride" for the crowd at Six Flags eating their corndogs between rollercoaster lines. Hoorah.

Also, I love how the Slash montage used no Guns N Roses music nor showed Axl Rose. I'm surprised they were even allowed to mention that he was ever in the band.

Oh, and the globe shattering and the production girl falling off the stairs? They're trying to cover for it, but it's pretty obvious that all happened when Danny tried to sing those high notes at dress rehearsal.

Comment

Working...
                                X