Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Pitch to Underground - Auction

I just stumbled across this -- an auction to raise funds for a worthy cause.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140034357202

Trevor Engleson (Underground) will take a phone pitch from the screenwriter with the winning bid, and it's starting at $5.00.

I have no idea how high to expect it to go, but all the other items in the auction are from novelists and editors, so there may not be that many people going after the phone pitch.
    my webpage
    my blog

Re: Phone Pitch to Underground - Auction

a nice cause but in my experience he's pretty aggressive (to say the least)...

he took an email pitch and requested my work, read it in less than a week, and though he passed has kept an open line of communication regarding any other projects...

I think if you have material he leans toward you don't have to bid for attention

Comment

That's good to know.
      my webpage
      my blog

Comment

What sort of scripts does he lean toward?

"Until the Lion writes his own story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." -African Proverb

Comment

I'd chip in $20 if it meant he had to stay on the phone while clary told him his life story - oh that would be frickin' awesome - if only we could see his face

Comment

He called me last week in regards to my Nicholl's placement. I was so caught off guard! Anyway, once I finished pitching, he told me about a similar project lined up somewhere and passed, but told me to let him know when I had other projects. He was pretty cool.
            IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3134495/

Comment

Ive met with trevor and have pitched him.

yes, hes aggressive.

but thats probably why he has one of the best sales records for the past 12 months. go ahead and put his name in the sales search engine. the dude is on a roll.

yes, hes tough. we had planned to develop something together and when the first draft wasnt anywhere near what he was hoping for, he decided to bow out instead of getting his hands dirty and putting in the work to get it where he wanted.

but again...probably because hes a busy guy out there hustling for his clients and doesnt have time to devote to a project that isnt at least 75% right.

hes got a house office with the underground team over in w. hollywood and he has a desk without a chair, just stands there all day.

i assume its to maintain the energy that he needs to do the deals he needs to do.

point is...a phone call with trevor is worth twenty bucks, but dont expect it to get you anywhere. only an awesome pitch will do that. so if you dont have that..dont bother.

santino

ps...whats he looking for? in my experience he was looking for very commercial high concept scripts. but then again - who isnt?

Comment

Originally posted by yvonnjanae View Post
                What sort of scripts does he lean toward?
                Typical commercial stuff.

He's a cool East Coast guy.

And his girlfriend is smokin' hot.
                "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Steve Luna over there is cool.

Comment

The phone pitch went for $335 on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                    X