Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lymelife

I got this DVD cheap from my local Blockbuster, which recently closed up. Rory Culkin (bro of Mac and Kiernan) is 15-year-old Scott Barrett, growing in Long Island in the late 1970s (love the Star Wars figures). His dad (Alec Baldwin) is a skirt chaser, his mother (Jill Hennessey) a bit nuts and his older bro (Kiernan) is an Army communicator, despite knowing how to fight. Emma Roberts (Julia's niece) plays Rory's best friend, and the two has feelings for each other. Timothy Hutton and Cynthia Nixon play Emma's folks. Executed produced by Martin Scorsese.

Nice coming-of-age movie. Rory's cool, Kiernan rules here as he did in "The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys" (can't wait for him in "Scott Pilgrim") and I have a crush on Emma (is that wrong?). The other thespians are reliable.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363780/
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: Lymelife

Sounds like something I'd enjoy. thanks for the rec!
    Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

I liked it too, a nice little minor coming of age comedy/drama with good characters. Alec Baldwin is back in OUTSIDE PROVIDENCE mode, and the Culkin is quite good. This and the other period coming of age comedy/drama with good characters that came out in 2009, ADVENTURELAND, deserve more viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwai Lo View Post
        I liked it too, a nice little minor coming of age comedy/drama with good characters. Alec Baldwin is back in OUTSIDE PROVIDENCE mode, and the Culkin is quite good. This and the other period coming of age comedy/drama with good characters that came out in 2009, ADVENTURELAND, deserve more viewers.

I recently saw Adventureland on video, and I dug it a lot. I don't know why Kristen Stewart's bothering with the Twilight films, because she's good in that film.
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
        X