No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anchorman 2 R.I.P.

Originally posted by MacG View Post
    The success of AUSTIN POWERS: THE SPY WHO SHAGGED ME is very appropriate when discussing ANCHORMAN.
    Not now, sorry. Things change. The market changes constantly. The view of the box office and what works changes so often it can make one's head spin. Using the formula of a film from ten years ago as an example of how a movie would work today is not only out of touch, it's kinda crazy.

Anyway, this new article reaffirms almost exactly what I said previously, that they want a budget almost equal to what the first film made overall, and that that is a big risk, especially since the first Anchorman didn't have any international appeal.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/anch...medium=twitter

I'd like to see them be brave and put faith in McKay, Farrell, Carrell, and Judd and give us an Anchorman 2, but if they don't then I really can't say that I blame them. $70 million for a comedy's production budget is pretty absurd, especially since they claim that includes reduced salaries. I mean my God were they planning to throw in some WETA FX? There's no valid explanation for a silly comedy like Anchorman 2 to have such an inflated budget, especially if the name actors are all willing to take paycuts. Hopefully McKay and Paramount can find some middle ground. Both sides are going to have to yield a bit if they want to make this thing happen.

Comment

Re: Anchorman 2 R.I.P.

Zoolander 2 suffering the same fate. Studio wants a budget of 40 mill.
      I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

Working...
      X