Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna try this.........

I'm going to try something. It may not work and you people may not be interested but my hope is by helping others I can help myself.

I built a very simple webpage for people to post a short paragraph about their manuscript/screenplay.

This is 100% free and if you are interested just drop me an email.

Like I said, this may not work but I've been thinking about doing this for some time now and well....what the heck.

Here is the site and I don't think I'm spamming because this is free and I wont make a penny...just trying to help all of us get a leg up.

www.lwcook.com/lookingforagent.htm

dawgy
    www.lwcook.com

Dawg, Gotta tell you, but agents, whether literary or film, don't go searching websites for loglines or potential clients. It's a good try, a damned valiant one, but I think the thing one has to do is get a sense of what's being published (or produced) and to know what agents handle what material. In the case of novelists, it's fairly simple to find out the names of their agents.

If you write science-fiction, for instance, there are a handful of agents who specialize in it, and a number of imprints who publish it. You need to do the marketing. They're not going to come to you.

Comment

Jake,

I know agents don't search the net and the chances of this helping a writer get agented is remote...at best. But, just the other day someone posted on the DD website that they were charging hundreds of dollars to post a synopsis for screenwriters. Just another way for scam artist to take advantage of eager writers.

Then again you never know when something will take off. Gerard's site has become one of the most visited and used sites for writers on the net. He does for free what some people charge hundreds dollars to do. So who knows, if the site grows then maybe it will help people.

My site is free and if anyone wants to use it they are welcome. If not then I've spent some time building a website that will never be used and I enjoy building websites anyway. Nothing lost.

dawgy
      www.lwcook.com/lookingforagent.htm

Comment

Well, you're right, Dawg. Nothing lost, and, if anything, it shows you've got drive and perseverance--both vital qualities in a writer. Give 'em hell!

Comment

My email is still down so if any of you have sent me anything I haven't gotten it. I sent myself several emails the past several days and none of them have come through.

My web service is just about the worst service you can get but you know what they say...."you get what you pay for." (mine is one of the cheap services).

You can go to the website and try again or for now (please not in the future) send your paragraph to [email protected]

My plan is to contact all the agents I have in my little file and at least tell them about the site. I'll probably contact a couple of hundred along with a few managers in the film industry and such. I have no idea if they will visit the site but I will make an effort anyway.

Maybe this will take off maybe not but the website is there if any of you want to give it a try.

dawg
          Writers Looking for an Agent

Comment

I created a message board and a chat room for the webpage.
            It is free so you must put up with a banner add at the top of the page but there are no pop up adds.

Writers Looking for Agents

dawg

Comment

Log line graveyard.

Not for nothing, Dawg, but you might want to improve your log lines before you start beating down Hollywood's door:

From your first one:

ERIC FORD*finds there is a dark secret hidden from the world. Eric along with JASON and STEVE must find the Ark of the Covenant in a race against time.

A: We sort of saw this movie before, along with its two sequels.

B: Why do we care about ERIC, JASON and STEVE? About the only distinguishing characteristic I can think of is that their names are capitalized.

Comment

Re: Log line graveyard.

Buzz,

Thanks for the tip. After looking at it from your point of view I must say I agree. I made a couple of minor changes based on your suggestion.

Oh, for what its worth, my novel isn't in any way similar to Raiders.

Thanks for the tip. The main idea behind the website is to help writers.

dawgy

Comment

You would have to rewrite history for the Ark to hold a secret "which has been hidden from mankind since the dawn of time". Moses instructed a man called Beseleel -- or so the story goes -- to create the Ark (dating it to around 1730BC at the very earliest?).

Comment

Actually, in my book (THE SEARCH) I explain that Moses put the secret in the Ark. As you know Moses wrote Genesis and many of the old testiment books and he was given this secret, buy God, and instructed to put it into the Ark only he could tell no man. Thus, this is why no one knew that it was in the Ark.

dawgy
                    www.lwcook.com

Comment

Thanks to a kind person I rewrote my paragraph. Thanks to this person, I feel my paragraph tells more about my book.

If any of you are interested in posting about your manuscript/screenplay feel free to email me. Even if you have an agent/manager I will be happy to post a blurb in hopes a publisher/producer will browse by the site.
                      Writers Looking for Agents

kind regards,

dawgy

Comment

Working...
                      X