Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2004, 11:10 PM   #1
LoveBud

Default Cinevision 2000

A few weeks ago I answered an ad from Cinevision 2000 asking for comedy screenplays. Today I received an email from a "Dave Calloway" who said that my screenplay needs a consultation and a minor rewrite. The cost of the consultation is $350!!!...Calloway "claimed" that he has been a consultant on over 23,000 screenplays in his 24 year career and that he was a consultant on Spiderman II and Titantic...should I go through with this and shell out the $350 for the consult or should I run for the hills?
Old 07-27-2004, 12:03 AM   #2
XL

Run away... fast.

If you really feel that your screenplay needs help via coverage then i'd suggest you check out this thread:

p068.ezboard.com/fdonedea...=663.topic
Old 07-27-2004, 12:52 AM   #3
whistlelock

OF COURSE your screenplay needs a minor re-write and OF COURSE he can help you with that, now all you need is your credit card number.

Does that sound like it's a good idea?
Old 07-27-2004, 07:51 AM   #4
pantalone

I know what is wrong with your screenplay, and I'll be glad to help you with a re-write for $299.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:53 AM   #5
OkeyDokey

Lovebud, what you got is a form letter that this weasel sends out to everyone. It's either a scam or a clever niche marketing business plan, depending on how you look at it.

Old 07-31-2004, 07:17 AM   #6
jodeb

I heard from this Dave Calloway also. He selected one of my comedy scripts and wanted to know the ending.

After I sent a more detailed treatment on it, he replied with *It reminds him too much of *Heaven Can Wait* and *It's a Wonderful Life.* Also said, they wanted fresh material.

I wrote back thanks anyway, *but* I consider the comparison a compliment and that everything can be compared to anything, *although* I really didn't see it, only that my script and the two he mentioned did have some fantasy qualities to them. (and that was the end of him)

He never mentioned anything about *helping* me, but I suppose after the last few posts, it's really a compliment.

I am repped by a WGA Signatory agent and have two screenplays optioned, plus I did a paid for hire writing assignment. I guess I didn't seem like a good bite for him.

Oh, well, they are all over the place, aren't they?