|12-22-2012, 06:18 PM||#25|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Spec Scout
The truth is that our scores break down like this:
- a score in the 60's is quite good
- a score in the 70's is great
- a score in the 80's is phenomenal
- there are no scores in the 90's so far
I don't know the exact percentages of the spec market scripts in each of those ranges, but I know it's a bell curve: A few in the 80's, a small chunk in the 70's and the bulk in the 50's and 60's.
As you might expect, the scores of the scripts we're being submitted by aspiring writers are also a bell curve, but it's shifted to the left of the scale:
- a few in the 70s,
- a small chunk in the 60's
- the bulk in the 40's and 50's
The above dynamic is why we've set the bar for inclusion in the database for our paid submissions at 60.0.