Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #651
FranklinLeonard

Default Re: New Black List Thread - Franklin Leonard answers your questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG View Post
Franklin, or anyone who knows, if you get a download request after you've taken your script off the site, does pressing "accept" allow you to talk to the requester first, or does the site store the deleted script somewhere and automatically send it to the requester?
You shouldn't be receiving a download request after you've removed your script from the site. Once you remove it, it's no longer visible on the site, which makes it impossible for people to request it (unless you're a WGA member, in which case your script will be remain listed but not hosted.)

If you're seeing the accept button you describe, please email us so we can figure out what's going on.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #652
FranklinLeonard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsaunders View Post
It would be cool if when you ordered a new evaluation for a script that has been revised since the last time it was evaluated if you could A) get reread by the same reader(probably for a nominal fee/extended wait time) and B) if you could maybe highlight what has changed about it since the last revision? Maybe if someone reads it and you got a low score for dialog, and you made a pass at refining it, they might focus on that a bit more in the next review?
We foresee no time in the future where this will be possible.

All that matters is whether the script elicits a strong positive reaction when read. Not whether it's improved over the previous draft, not what the previous reader thinks of it now.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:31 PM   #653
BillG
Regular

Okay I'll e-mail you. Although I didn't choose the option of keeping the title/logline up (not even sure it was available when I deleted the script), here's what it says in the FAQs, which makes it sounds like everyone has the option to do so:

I want to delete my script totally. How can I do that?

Answer:

Log in to your account, then click “Remove Script” on the left side of the screen. Like suspending a script, you cannot delete a script while an evaluation is still pending. Contact Support if you need to delete a script while an evaluation is still pending.

In order to keep a script listed in our site index even after removing it from hosting, when you go to remove the script, make sure you click the box that states “You may choose to keep your script title and logline on the site free of charge. Please only use this option if you will not be uploading a revised version immediately.” This will keep your script listed on the site, even if you aren’t hosting it anymore. In this case, the ratings and evaluations would still be on the site (according to the settings you’ve chosen), but the script itself would not be available.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #654
Mintclub
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
We foresee no time in the future where this will be possible.

All that matters is whether the script elicits a strong positive reaction when read. Not whether it's improved over the previous draft, not what the previous reader thinks of it now.

Last edited by Mintclub : 03-17-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:17 PM   #655
finalact4

Default Blind Readings

Hi Leonard:
Enjoyed the last Scriptnotes episode when you were a guest.

Will The Black List consider blind submission reads?

With information that more books sell by male writers, women novelists still using male pseudonyms, and the revelation that women readers seem to have a bias against female writers, it seems preferable to simply not allow the reader to be able to see the writer's name on title page. After all, it isn't information that is relative to the reader.
Best,
FA4
Old 03-19-2015, 11:28 AM   #656
FranklinLeonard

Default Re: Blind Readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalact4 View Post
Hi Leonard:
Enjoyed the last Scriptnotes episode when you were a guest.

Will The Black List consider blind submission reads?

With information that more books sell by male writers, women novelists still using male pseudonyms, and the revelation that women readers seem to have a bias against female writers, it seems preferable to simply not allow the reader to be able to see the writer's name on title page. After all, it isn't information that is relative to the reader.
Best,
FA4
Writers are welcome to submit their material under pseudonyms. Just be sure that the pseudonym is on your cover page as well. The reader will never know your real name.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:18 PM   #657
Paul Striver
Regular

Default Re: Blind Readings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
Writers are welcome to submit their material under pseudonyms. Just be sure that the pseudonym is on your cover page as well. The reader will never know your real name.
Can the pseudonym be "Anonymous" or "(Name Withheld)"? If so, that would accomplish the goal of not arousing unconscious bias in the reader (an issue I admit I'd never considered before, yet does seem like a legitimate concern in some cases).
Old 03-19-2015, 01:54 PM   #658
kintnerboy

Apologies if I'm out of place here for voicing my opinion, but if I were perusing the Blacklist myself, say in a producer capacity, I would steer a wide berth around any writer who seemed over-anxious about looking for bias everywhere.

Doesn't seem like an ingredient for a good working relationship is all.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:33 PM   #659
wsaunders
Regular

Franklin, how important is choosing the genre tags? For instance my script is a sci fi thriller / suspenseful mystery with some horror elements. Do I need to click on the overarching genre, or is it fine just to choose the sub genre, for instance there is Sci Fi & Fantasy, Mystery & Suspense with the sub genre of Sci-Fi Thriller? Do I need to click all of those or is just checking Sci-Fi Thriller enough?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:34 PM   #660
ricther
Regular

I have a question about the Blacklist Partnerships. In regards to the Warners Bros Blind Script Deal, how are scripts on the site chosen? Does someone associated with Warners download your script once you opt in? Or do Blacklist readers download, read, and make recommendations to Warners? Is it based on paid evaluations? I'm just curious as to how the whole process works.
Closed Thread