Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2006, 08:39 AM   #1
Motherof8
User

Default Prod Cos for Horse Script?

I'm planning on querying a new script that involves horses soon. It is a Family/Adventure genre inspired by my personal experience.

I'd like to target personnel that have experience with producing films with equines. I'd appreciate any suggestions, prod cos, directors, trainers...or anywhere to research such.

Kind Regards,
Motherof8
Motherof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
amandag

Default Re: Prod Cos for Horse Script?

Check out imdb.com and look up titles of movies you feel are in the genre you're talking about. Copy down all the producers and companies. Cross-reference the names in a current database like (hollywood creative directory) or donedealpro.com to see where these producers/execs are now. Then, check the credits of their new companies to see if they're still making the same kind of stuff, or stuff relative to...

Also, go to donedealpro.com and do a search for script sales for the past few years in the family genre and write down those companies as well.

Figure you're looking for stuff in the same genre, but not places who've bought stuff with the same idea (unless you know the film was made and did very well).

Hope that makes sense. Maybe someone else will have some clever-er thoughts. Good luck!
amandag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
alveraz

Man, horses are a sore spot with me. I just directed a Western and worked with several horses. You can see some production stills and a trailer here: http://myspace.com/thetailor

It's like this, are they a pain in the ass? Yes, absolutely. But, if it's a solid script it's nothing to worry about. Horses in a script are fine, I mean the insurance is pretty expensive and so is the trainer, transportation and all, but I wouldn't remove them if that's what your pondering. Unless they're insignificant and you can do so while maintaining what you want in the script.

I guess I don't know your specific question, so I can't really help. If you have any specific questions let me know, I've gotten to really know the horse thing over the last year on this film.

Good luck.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
Cesahr
User

Redford, Wildwood Productions. Robert Duvall's company (can't think of it off the top of my head but you guys know the name); they both produce pics they're not in so try that angle. Hit up the Young Guns guys...they can all ride.

Just a suggestion, I could be wrong and I probably am. Good luck.
Cesahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
Motherof8
User

Thank you all for responding.

Alveraz, the gray horse in your stills looks just like my mare, Cheyenne!

I've been an equestrian close to forty years and yes, they can be a pain but oh, so much of a pleasure when things go right.

Amandag's process is probably the one to go with. I spent the whole morning yesterday and today googling and came up with a few ideas.

These two trainers, Rex Peterson and Corky Randall (the Randall family) are the two main trainers for motion pictures. I called the American Quarter Horse Association and I think I have Rex's address now. The Randall family's contact would be nice too. My thoughts are contacting them first since they do have internal contacts they can call upon. If I can get them excited about the project all the better.

There were five prod/cos contect with DREAMER! Goodness! I did manage to query one of them yesterday.

If any one of you live in Texas and/or California (I believe the locations of these trainers) and you happen by a phone book.....

Blessings,
Mo8
Motherof8 is offline   Reply With Quote