Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
taurbabe

Default Focus Films...

Can anyone tell me about the production company called Focus Films?... are they a part of Universal Pictures? I found a webpage where their name is also called Focus Features. Does anyone know about the credibility of this company?
Old 07-02-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
captain bligh

yes.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:27 PM   #3
elephant1978

They're on the Universal Lot and they're generally viewed as Universal's indie division. I don't know if that's official or not--in terms of ownership. But you should treat them more like a studio like Fine Line instead of a production company.

Ele...
Old 07-02-2004, 01:28 PM   #4
taurbabe

Actually it's called Focus Films Entertainment and it is a DVD distribution company. Does anyone know about this company or how to find information on them?

I've looked on the IMDB and it only shows two titles that they've done, yet I've been told that they are supposed to be a big name.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:29 PM   #5
Gaijin Samurai

taur, have you even gone to their website?
Old 07-02-2004, 01:56 PM   #6
Scriptman

Quote:
Actually it's called Focus Films Entertainment and it is a DVD distribution company.
To avoid any further confusion, Focus Features is not a DVD distribution company. Like Ele said, they are viewed as a specialty division of Universal Pictures, producing such hits as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Lost In Translation and Far From Heaven.

If there's another production company out there called Focus Films that distributes DVDs, then that's another story. :\
Old 07-03-2004, 03:57 AM   #7
taurbabe

I found out that Focus Films Entertainment is a distribution company here in New Mexico.