No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Season Of The Witch

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
    His hair was pretty subdued in his best role ever.

Well, he is the kling klan king of the rim ram room.
    "Only nothing is impossible."
    - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by Gwai Lo View Post
      His bills for his medieval castles and dinosaur skulls.
      Saw this before I logged on, and am still chuckling! That's one reason I'm such a big fan of Cage, he wears his passions on his sleeve. I'll have to remember the wild hair clue, although I do often love some of his "clunkers".
      sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Also read the script last year. Also thought it was pretty tight. The first act was gold. It faltered a bit in the third, but I was hoping that might be fixed for the movie.

Apparently not.
        QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

I saw the movie today and was greatly entertained. I'm not saying it was a good movie, but it was entertaining. Sure, there were inconsistencies, cheesy lines, and totally predictable moments, but I got some laughs, gotten frightened in some suspenseful scenes, and was amused most of the time. Good popcorn fun if you want to watch something where you ain't tryin' to learn nothin'!

Just keep your expectations low...

www.cheapskate-a-holic.com Release your inner cheapskate!!

Comment

Gotta pay the IRS somehow. His classic scene in the Wicker Man remake sets the standard.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
              Gotta pay the IRS somehow. His classic scene in the Wicker Man remake sets the standard.
              This scene? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyXl2...eature=related

Comment

let the naysayers say what they want, the script was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Swings View Post

Take your pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2W...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
                    Shame. I often see the writer, Bragi Schut, at my Starbucks and he's a cool dude.

Was maybe cool the problem? Haven't seen it, but had just read a NYTimes review before finding this thread. They called a 14th century story with 21st century cuss words. No criticism of Cage's performance that I recall - except for the lead remark that they'd given up trying to fathom his career choices!

Comment

From people who have both read the original script, and seen the movie, it would be interesting to hear a comparison on how much changed over the 6-7 years that the film spent in development.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
                        let the naysayers say what they want, the script was awesome.
                        This is what confounds me...then why does the movie apparently suck balls?

Did someone really look at an awesome script and say "Nope."?

If so, WHY?

If not...then what the hell happened?

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                          The director always gets the praise for a wonderful film; the writer always gets the blame for a clunker. That's the way it's always been.

James V. Simpson's ARMORED was a Nicholl finalist a few years back; that original script was pretty solid but development pretty much ruined it, turning it into what ended up on screen.
                          "No one buys a bad script, but plenty of people make bad movies."

Comment

If studios would just buy terrible scripts in the first place, they'd save time and money.
                            Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                              If studios would just buy terrible scripts in the first place, they'd save time and money.
                              A more satisfactory solution would be to LEAVE THE GOOD SCRIPTS THE F*CK ALONE!

If this is not proof positive that Hollywood doesn't give a single f*ck about product quality, then I don't know what is.

Seriously, Armored was an awesome script. The movie, however, was super-lame. No reason for that at all. None. Not one. Not even a bad one. I just don't get it. At all.

Comment

I have a question for those who watched the movie.

******* Spoiler Alert ************

Highlight with your cursor to see the writing:

"Why did the demon/girl kill the first captor (the one she pretended to be his daughter)? When Nicholas Cage realized that the demon wanted to be taken to the monastery, they explained why she killed the 2 men. One (the one eaten by wolves) was because he wanted to kill her before they got to the monastery. What was the reason for the other guy? Was it because he wanted to free her or not go to the monastery? I forget and now it's seriously bugging me!"
                                Thanks!
                                www.cheapskate-a-holic.com Release your inner cheapskate!!

Comment

Working...
                                X