Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
beagle72
New User

Default My Flower Films Experience -- The Conclusion

In an earlier posting I sought advice on my initial contact with Flower Films -- despite being an unrepped writer they read my synopsis, responded enthusiastically, and requested the script. I asked in this forums how long to wait to followup with a status query. Several folks gave me helpful advice, for which I am thankful.

Last week I followup with a short, polite e-mail. Several days later I received a phone call -- unfortunately, I wasn't home at the time, and it was late on a Friday.

The timing -- having a weekend in limbo -- unavoidably fueled a lot of speculation. We had not spoken by phone before. The imagination is a powerful thing. Good for screenwriting, bad for waiting.

It's funny how quickly elaborate mental scenarios can disappear in a puff of white smoke. Heck, it's practically a magic trick.

It took about 10 seconds into our 4 minute conversation to hear "PASS". That was followed with a short, general critique. I had hoped a rejection would include more specific reactions to story elements, but one takes what one can get.

The critique was helpful, however, in identifying the kind of writer I am. I don't feel that I would significantly change elements of the story to suit their sensibility (nor was I asked to), but I now have a stronger idea of how my work is seen outside my own head. Hopefully this will help me strengthen my identity and marketing approach.

thanks all,
Aaron
www.bordella.com
beagle72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
Cesahr
User

I had the same thing almost last week with Baldwin Entertainment Group...who are totally professional and prompt...go figure. They passed and gave me a copy of the coverage from their reader and then talked about the lack of marketability in its current state. Which, I already knew. But, they gave me some other info too about my style of writing etc that was helpful and encouraging. Plus, its a great contact and the door was left open for future projects.

So, good things can come from a pass.
Cesahr is offline   Reply With Quote