Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cmmora's ScriptFever Writing Exercise

Ya, sorry for doing this in the short month. The last time I did this it was a 30 day month, I believe. Just to add a bit more pressure on myself, I didn't want to wait for March and it's 31 day. I wanted to pressure myself.

Also to be even more self-centered, my American-Bollywood film I wrote and directed is opening in India on Feb. 27th. If it does reasonably okay, the producer wants to do another movie. So if I have a script ready for him by the end of the first week in March, then I can ride the success of the other movie to try and get funding and green lite. Then again, if my movie tanks, at least I will have another script to show around while I am cursing the movie gods for forsaking me.

Write on...
    Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Is anyone working on their scripts?

I've got about 40 pages... and a really solid outline and a much better title than I had last month, so even though the end is closing in on us... I'm glad I gave it the old college try, which is to come close but no cigar, right?

I'm extending my deadline, since I started late and you picked a short month for your own selfish purposes!

So, I hope things are doing well for you C, and you have more finished than me.

What about the others? Are there any others?

Comment

40 pages is pretty good, KarenShoe. I am at around 60 pages. I don't know if I will make this crazy schedule. But I am plugging away. If I get close to finishing I will be happy. Then extend my persoal deadline a few weeks to finish up.

i think next time I do this ScriptFever thing I will have a 10 week writing period. I understand when you get an assignment, hasn't happened to me... yet, that you are given 10 weeks to complete your assignment.

But for now, lets all try to get as much as possible by the 28th. If you fall short, no worries, you will just continue until you are finished. But at least you will have the bulk of your first draft completed.

c.
        Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

So how is everyone doing? I'm at 70 pages. First time I won't finish in time. But I am well on my way. Another month or so. I hope everyone finished or got close.

Comment

Nice work! I'm envious.

I have an outline and close to 30 now, which is more than I had 25 days ago.

Going to keep at it and this was a good kickstart -- Thanks!

Let's finish in March!

Comment

Originally posted by cmmora View Post
              So how is everyone doing? I'm at 70 pages. First time I won't finish in time. But I am well on my way. Another month or so. I hope everyone finished or got close.
              That's admirable and easy enough to finish.

I'm still at 40 pages, and a solid outline. Committed to finishing this month.

---

More important, how did the opening go? Did anyone see the movie?

Comment

Working...
              X