No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Your Love... Valentine writing contest

Seven pages max.

Deadline Sunday February 20th. ----> ALERT: NOW CHANGED TO THE 14th. <---------------- Midnight of the 14th ........

All genre accepted.

PM me your entry. (I'll post them on a separate thread )

Free
    Last edited by Mark Somers; 02-03-2011, 08:45 PM.
    TRIAL FORUMS

Re: For Your Love... Valentine writing contest

Originally posted by clueless View Post
    Free
    You lie! TANSTAAFP

Comment

If Bill M. can write a whole feature script in just 2 weeks and call it a polished draft. I think I can manage to do a 7 page script by the 20th.

Just wondering, why the 20th? Since this is for Valentine's, shouldn't this be due by end of business on the 14th?
      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Derek, freeeeee popcorn dude... no lie.

Freeeeeee popcorn

Freeeeeee popcorn

cmmora, actually the 14th wouldn't be so bad, I'll set the deadline for midnight the 14th that'll give us two weekends.

Good Luck
        TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

I just may jump in on this -- if I can work up a viable concept this weekend. What the hell, I need something to distract me from the other stuff I'm working on, right?
          Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

I have a Valentine's skit written. I think it's on an old hard drive. I'd have to dig it up. Or you can watch it here.

Cupid's Ransom: The Perfect Valentine's Day Gift!

If you prefer a written version, let me know and I'll find it.
            Struggling with your script? Get Honest Script Notes from a Produced Screenwriter who knows how hard it is to break into the business.

Email [email protected] for more details.

Comment

I've posted the link to your video, humand on the entry thread. The script would be great also. Just PM your script and I'll add it to the video message.

Good Luck and thank you.
              TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

I'm in.

I missed the deadline for the Hallowe'en contest, so I guess I need to redeem myself.

Mat.
                I'm a product of everything I've ever experienced ... I need to get out more!

Comment

Originally posted by clueless
                  Maybe not. Does your other stuff have a title with the word "balls" in it?
                  Huh? That one went way over my head. Oh, my. Anyhoo ... I have a concept I worked up yesterday but I'm not too excited about it. I may not make your deadline.
                  Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Mat View Post
                    I'm in.

I missed the deadline for the Hallowe'en contest, so I guess I need to redeem myself.

Mat.
                    Welcome Mat <-------- Sorry bad joke.

Welcome Mad Mat and good luck.
                    TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

<counts on fingers>

Hmm, write just 1 page per day for the next 7 days...

...Or, write 7 pages in the last 30 minutes before the midnight deadline.

Decisions, decisions!

Comment

Welcome Mat <-------- Sorry bad joke.

Welcome Mad Mat and good luck.
                        No worries - I've heard them all before: Beer Mat; Coffee Mat; Matt Black; even Mat Painting (and that's not even how you spell it!)

The real fun is the situation in which it's said ... so again, no worries.

What's worse, is my surname is Archer ... so I get all those jokes as well !!!

But check this out (if you haven't seen it before) - it's my 'get out of jail free card' and I use it all the time (it's the Monty Python Mr. Smoke-too-much sketch):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcCuBWXd-hc

And many thanks for the welcome, Blueless, you cheeky bunt.

All the best,

Mat. (Matt ... or Matte)
                        I'm a product of everything I've ever experienced ... I need to get out more!

Comment

I finished my entry late last night. I attempted to PM Clue my entry, but since my entry is about 6.5 pages it was too long for the PM. Since it was late, I was just going to cut it up and send it today.

But, in the shower this morning I got to thinking about the story I wrote. More and more, I just LOVE the premise that I came up with. My mind started racing thinking about more scenes that could go into the short. Then, while still in the shower, I think best there anyway, a log line formed. Then, bam... I had a spec feature idea. And I loved it even more.

I'm going to pursue this spec. So, I will not be submitting it for this exercise. This has happened to me a couple of times. I write a short than I expand the premise out into a spec feature.

Thanks Clue for getting my thought waves to snap in this direction (I guess I'm really following Rule 85 (see sig)).
                          Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Originally posted by cmmora View Post
                            I finished my entry late last night. I attempted to PM Clue my entry, but since my entry is about 6.5 pages it was too long for the PM. Since it was late, I was just going to cut it up and send it today.

But, in the shower this morning I got to thinking about the story I wrote. More and more, I just LOVE the premise that I came up with. My mind started racing thinking about more scenes that could go into the short. Then, while still in the shower, I think best there anyway, a log line formed. Then, bam... I had a spec feature idea. And I loved it even more.

I'm going to pursue this spec. So, I will not be submitting it for this exercise. This has happened to me a couple of times. I write a short than I expand the premise out into a spec feature.

Thanks Clue for getting my thought waves to snap in this direction (I guess I'm really following Rule 85 (see sig)).

You're not getting out of this that easy. You've got plenty of time to write another short, cmmora. It doesn't have to be seven pages anyways.

I bet Derek is on his fifth genre entry. I'd even go so far as to suggest he's got one that includes farm animals...

Last edited by Mark Somers; 02-11-2011, 08:52 PM.
                            TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

I bet Derek is on his fifth genre entry. I'd even go so far as to suggest he's got one that includes farm animals...
                              Hey! I told you about my upcoming court case in confidence!

3 days to deadline, including today!

Comment

Working...
                              X