Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Formal Offer?

The manager of a director has responded to my pitch by saying if I wish to make a formal offer, I must make that proposal in writing. Could someone give me advice on how to go about writing that? Thank you in advance.

Re: HELP Formal Offer?

Are you a producer? Is this an attachment agreement? I have no clue what you mean by 'formal offer', unless there's some kind of money on the table.

Then again, this might be the manager's roundabout way of passing on the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
      Are you a producer? Is this an attachment agreement? I have no clue what you mean by 'formal offer', unless there's some kind of money on the table.

Then again, this might be the manager's roundabout way of passing on the idea.
      Yes, I am producing my screenplay and want to package the project. I want to attach a director. The project will be financed partially by government funds and tax incentives. So there is no money yet.

I said to the manager that I wanted his client to direct my movie and he told me: "If you wish to make a formal offer, do that by making the proposal in writing."

He also asked me to send in my screenplay.

Comment

this is the soft way of a director's rep passing on the script. a "formal offer" means legit financing with attached talent so that the project could go if the director attaches themself to it.

but if he asked for you to send the script, send it in by all means. i just wouldn't expect more than the read

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
          this is the soft way of a director's rep passing on the script. a "formal offer" means legit financing with attached talent so that the project could go if the director attaches themself to it.

but if he asked for you to send the script, send it in by all means. i just wouldn't expect more than the read
          Thank you JoeBanks! I will send him my script. To be frank, I was not expected much anyway

Comment

Joe is correct. It's a manager's job to sift through the many scripts that come his/her client's way and weed out whatever doesn't already have money (or other solid attachments) in place. "Formal written offer" isn't really a thing - it's simply the manager's way of saying "come back when it's real".

But by all means send the script if you've been invited to, and see what happens.
            https://twitter.com/DavidCoggeshall
            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1548597/

Comment

Originally posted by murgvaela View Post
              Thank you JoeBanks! I will send him my script. To be frank, I was not expected much anyway
              your original post didn't say that they invited you to send the script. did they? if they did, send the script, but if they only asked for a "formal offer," i wouldn't send the script unless it's been requested.
              "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                your original post didn't say that they invited you to send the script. did they? if they did, send the script, but if they only asked for a "formal offer," i wouldn't send the script unless it's been requested.
                Thank you all for your help.

Yes, the manager asked to send the screenplay also.

Comment

Originally posted by murgvaela View Post
                  Thank you all for your help.

Yes, the manager asked to send the screenplay also.
                  good luck with your project!
                  "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
                  X