PAGE INT'L 2012 Top 25%/Round 2 Notifications....

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PAGE INT'L 2012 Top 25%/Round 2 Notifications....

My favorite script didn't make it! Grrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by AlexNoa View Post
      My favorite script didn't make it! Grrrrrr
      Damn... next time. Hopefully you'll have better luck with Nicholl.
      "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGillis View Post
        I'm in with one.
        Good for you!
        "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

I"m in with a short.
          "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Comment

Miraculously, all three of my entries made it. I'm sure the quarters will be a different story though!

Comment

Making the top 25 percent is nice. Making the top 10 percent would be nicer.

But how far does a screenplay have to go to get any attention from professionals in the industry? Finals? Top 3?

Anyone with experience able to comment?

Comment

I got a couple of read requests off being an Action-Adventure finalist in 2010, none of which went anywhere. But that was my Western, Ghost Train. As much as I love the script, it's even more of a long shot than most long shots as far as a sale goes.
                Patrick Sweeney

Comment

Originally posted by ClintW3 View Post
                  But how far does a screenplay have to go to get any attention from professionals in the industry? Finals? Top 3? Anyone with experience able to comment?
                  Not sure how it is for anyone else, but my partner and I decided to barely stick our toe in the water after we got the notification yesterday. We sent out exactly one fresh query letter, mentioning that our spec had just cleared the first round at PAGE.

One. Letter.

The person we sent it to responded with a read request within 10 minutes.

As always, YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyShirts View Post
                    Not sure how it is for anyone else, but my partner and I decided to barely stick our toe in the water after we got the notification yesterday. We sent out exactly one fresh query letter, mentioning that our spec had just cleared the first round at PAGE.

One. Letter.

You bastard!

As always, YMMV.
                    What, are you driving an effin hybrid!

Seriously, that is cool on two fronts. #1, you jumped on that sucker. #2, it worked. Kudos for #1 and Congrats on #2.

Comment

Hm, maybe you have a killer logline, then...
                      I don't mean to diminish our success, but 1500 scripts out of 6500...?
                      It seems these are just the scripts that aren't terrible, but maybe I'm being too humble.

Comment

One. Letter.

As always, YMMV.
                        I doubt it was yesterday's results that got you the read. Maybe you've got a great concept, logline, are reaping rewards from other seeds planted. Or maybe you are just plain lucky. Unfortunately, making it into the top 25 percent at Page (as much as I like them) isn't going to get you a whole lot of reads by itself.
                        . "Audiences don't know somebody sits down and writes a picture. They think the actors make it up as they go along.-
                        Joe Gillis, Sunset Boulevard, 1950

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGillis View Post
                          I doubt it was yesterday's results that got you the read.
                          Sure, I hear ya. Honestly, the recipient in question said that our query was what got his attention, but he didn't specifically ASK for the spec until after we mentioned Page. I'm really just saying I don't think it HURT.

Comment

Good luck everyone. I'm in, despite my last post here being something of a direct insult to the contest.

Comment

But how far does a screenplay have to go to get any attention from professionals in the industry? Finals? Top 3?

My thriller made the semis last year in PAGE. Got one read (off my own query) out of it, and that's all. But then again, I could have probably pushed harder, but no queries came from the contest itself - and I'm pretty easy to find contact wise when you see my name on the PAGE semi-final list and do a Google search (always helps having a unique name!)

Good luck with the QFs.

And good luck to everyone still in the running

Comment

I won bronze in the thriller category - Which generated around 25 read requests, give or take - maybe more.

In fact, my script's logline was actually noticed by a prod company who I've now got it set up with. That was down to The PAGE Awards 'post contest' exposure...

Comment

Working...
                                X