Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #21
Racoon
User

Default Re: Producers strange response

I have moved on, and admit I have prayed for him what ever his reason was but I am always quck to apoligize when a producer states they are not longer active or want their name removed from what ever list I have. But with this I was just so kinda shaken that I was terrified to apologize and so sometimes its better to just not know. I have other unsolved mysteries in my life so this will be put on the list.

PS; I have an old- timy- first name, and I sometimes I use it, and one time a producer told me my name sounded fake? Thank God we can hide behind our computer screens and don't have to come face to face with some of these people.

Racoon
Racoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #22
BurOak

The man sounds like a nut case.
BurOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
ToddC
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racoon View Post
I have moved on, and admit I have prayed for him what ever his reason was but I am always quck to apoligize when a producer states they are not longer active or want their name removed from what ever list I have. But with this I was just so kinda shaken that I was terrified to apologize and so sometimes its better to just not know. I have other unsolved mysteries in my life so this will be put on the list.

PS; I have an old- timy- first name, and I sometimes I use it, and one time a producer told me my name sounded fake? Thank God we can hide behind our computer screens and don't have to come face to face with some of these people.

Racoon
If you thought this was bad, you probably never queried Larry Becsey before he had his morning coffee.

I've worked with guys like this before, in all positions above and below the line. If you didn't make his day longer, then it's likely bad timing. He was probably dealing with a serious issue or maybe just stressed out. When these guys get stressed, they tend to claw at easy targets to vent. You just have to decide if you want to do "this" project with "that" personality type.

But he did respond to your query in an unprofessional manner. And it was a professional exchange. So I think you should respond. I would not dismiss him. Ya never know, that might kill a deal 10 years down your career path. This industry has all types of personalities, so get used to this.

If I was in your shoes, I would send a quick apology for any bad timing and a friendly note showing I have compassion. I think it's a great opportunity to show your character.

But then I would move on, and I would ignore any other negative responses. And good luck with the spec. I love Christmas movies.

homeslice
ToddC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #24
polfilmblog
User

What's with all the apologizing?

"And i would apologize absolutly but this guy might be ready to go off the deep end..."

Everyone apologizes about everything. It's like a terrified paranoid dystopia. You walk toward a door while someone else is also walking toward a door, and inevitably they say, "Sorry."

What the hell are you sorry about?

If writers are supposed to apologize for querying producers, Jesus. Sounds like the answer is already clear: he's a comedian.

He's also a writer/producer and probably doesn't want queries at all, and this is his way of letting you know.

PS.

Sorry.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #25
BurOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by polfilmblog View Post
What's with all the apologizing?

"And i would apologize absolutly but this guy might be ready to go off the deep end..."

Everyone apologizes about everything. It's like a terrified paranoid dystopia. You walk toward a door while someone else is also walking toward a door, and inevitably they say, "Sorry."

What the hell are you sorry about?

If writers are supposed to apologize for querying producers, Jesus. Sounds like the answer is already clear: he's a comedian.

He's also a writer/producer and probably doesn't want queries at all, and this is his way of letting you know.

PS.

Sorry.
Tend to concur.
BurOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #26
Racoon
User

After spending more than a week sending out same query, I have gotten no more "bad" responses and have had very many sweet ones and several requests and one phone call. So, it must have not been something I said but the way this individual took it.

Racooon
Racoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #27
cshel

Post Re: Producers strange response

OP -

No offense. You said the guy is a comedian. Obviously his response was a joke. The fact that you did not pick up on the joke a previous poster made here makes me think you have a tin ear for humor. In any event, he wasn't interested in your query. Why would you send a drama to a comedian, anyway? That was probably the point he was trying to make. Let it go.