Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2015, 06:21 AM   #1
TheLastShoggoth
New User

Default Ghost Story/Horror Producers?

Hi Everyone,

So same old story, recently finished a script, have put it up on Black List and am now sending out query letters.

I now come seeking help/advice from you glorious folk on finding the e-mail addresses of producers who would be interested in Ghost stories like Woman in Black, Insidious, and Poltergeist.

I have trawled through IMDB Pro which I have to say has not been a great deal of help and sent out several dozen E-mails so far.

If anyone has any further advice, or knows any contacts I would greatly appreciate it!
TheLastShoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:07 AM   #2
Done Deal Pro
Administrator

Default Re: Ghost Story/Horror Producers?

I try not to do this much, but I'm going to have to throw a suggestion out involving our main site. One of the big reason we created DD was so that we would have a database in which writers (or whomever) could easily go in and for example search for say all the lit deals related to "Horror" or "Supernatural" or "Comedy" or "Drama," etc.

We currently have over 1,000 deals associated with some type of horror script and nearly 400 related to supernatural scripts that have been set up. There is a little overlap, of course. I'd like to think by searching through most of those deals you could pretty easily turn up (more) names of companies/producers to then contact about your script. Again, that's why we even created the site, so writers could be aware of what (story & genre) was being sold and who was buying it.

Now, granted I will never claim that we have the type of contact info that IMDBpro has. They have a giant staff compared to us, but between the two you should be able to come up with some good choices. But we do have some contact info, staff lists, etc as best we can.

That said, if all you want are e-mail addresses for people you know you want to send a query to, then you might want to ask for info by name/company name for them specifically.
Done Deal Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #3
TheLastShoggoth
New User

Agreed its a great resource!

Don't mean to come across as if I'm putting the usefulness of the site down! It's brilliant!

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions that I might have missed.

Thanks to those who have sent me some!
TheLastShoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #4
Done Deal Pro
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastShoggoth View Post
Agreed its a great resource!

Don't mean to come across as if I'm putting the usefulness of the site down! It's brilliant!

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions that I might have missed.

Thanks to those who have sent me some!
Oh, no. Kind of you to say, but not taken badly at all. I just never know if someone came directly to our forums first and hadn't even seen the main site. It happens more than one might think. Disregard my previous post then.
Done Deal Pro is offline   Reply With Quote