X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Three Act Structure (Part 2)

Originally posted by JoeNYC View Post
    Yes, unfortunately, my flaw as a writer is procrastination.
    Yes, procrastination by way of lecturing others on structure instead of actually writing. That's because writing is hard and lecturing others is easy. It's easy to know everything, until you have to prove it by DOING it.

So, go write!! Write, write like the wind!!!

Structure away!!

Put your vast knowledge to use!!

Comment

finalact4, how come when you give your opinion, it's all cool, but when I give my opinion, I'm being "rigid." I'm "badging" you to get you to agree with me.

With this type of logic, I can say the same about you with all your post directed at me. Your the one that accused me of doing KitchonaSteve wrong.

My point is, regardless what finalact4 insinuates, I don't believe Steve's opinion is wrong and my opinion is right. Steve's opinion is right for him on how to achieve a great screenplay and my opinion is right for me on how to achieve a great screenplay -- hopefully.
      I insinuated no such thing.

You said you didn't know why he didn't come here and post on YOUR structure thread. I simply provided you with the link to him clearly stating his reasons.

You have made a few recent spelling errors, and I felt you might like to be aware of them. I know I would.

It's badgering not "badging."
      It's you're not your.
      It's sterEotype not sterotype.
      It's drawer not draw.

Please feel free to call me out when my spelling is in question. I'll be happy to correct my post(s). Meant with complete sincerity, because my spelling errors drive me crazy.

Stay safe, everyone.
      FA4 out.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
        Yes, procrastination by way of lecturing others on structure instead of actually writing. That's because writing is hard and lecturing others is easy. It's easy to know everything, until you have to prove it by DOING it.

So, go write!! Write, write like the wind!!!

Structure away!!

Put your vast knowledge to use!!
        Oh my. I'm being schooled by figment.

figment, during this year alone, I've completed a 123 page action adventure and I'm a couple of scenes away from completing a romantic comedy. I think I've proven it.

Of course, my script could suck where I don't actually know anything.

figment, if I post the opening ten pages of my romantic comedy, could you hold off on any biases against me and give me your honest opinion on whether or not I know what I'm doing?

I'll post it right here out in the open. Not hiding in the private forum.
        Last edited by JoeNYC; 05-24-2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

finalact4, everything is cool. I hope there's no hard feelings. You gave your opinion. I gave my opinion. I'm sure we'll be going at it again in the future. It seems to be unavoidable.

Now that I've been writing this romantic comedy I've noticed some of its trope devices, such as, two people who fight over silly things until they give in to the fact that they're obviously perfect for each other.

Could this be us? Shall I dare say it... true love? (This is where I would place an emoji with tiny floating hearts, but I don't know how to do the damn thing. So, just use your imagination and picture it.)

finalact4, you could be my Elizabeth and I could be your Mr. Darcy.

Comment

Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!

Comment

finalact4, everything is cool. I hope there's no hard feelings. You gave your opinion. I gave my opinion. I'm sure we'll be going at it again in the future. It seems to be unavoidable.

Now that I've been writing this romantic comedy I've noticed some of its trope devices, such as, two people who fight over silly things until they give in to the fact that they're obviously perfect for each other.

Could this be us? Shall I dare say it... true love? (This is where I would place an emoji with tiny floating hearts, but I don't know how to do the damn thing. So, just use your imagination and picture it.)

finalact4, you could be my Elizabeth and I could be your Mr. Darcy.
              https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uplo...likely-gif.gif
              “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

No, I haven't worked on it for a long time. It's just been in the draw for a long time.

Years ago, I had written a draft, posted some pages on a different writing site and it got hammered, but because of a marketing challenge with it being a soft, romantic comedy, I put it away instead of working on it and moved on to other screenplays.

I just recently discovered a new way to market it and write it. So, I took it out of the draw and revised it. It practically is new.
                Yes you had a thread about a year ago about this script and dusting it off. So maybe you've been working on it this whole time, maybe not -- I stand by my suggestion to write something new.

But happy to take a look if you post pages and hope it's great.

Comment

figment, if I post the opening ten pages of my romantic comedy, could you hold off on any biases against me and give me your honest opinion on whether or not I know what I'm doing?

I'll post it right here out in the open. Not hiding in the private forum.
                  Rom-coms aren't my thing, thanks anyway.

Honestly, my only bias against you is that you seem to relish arguing about everything, for no real purpose.

It's just writing, not everything has to be a duel. Peace.

Comment

Honestly, my only bias against you is that you seem to relish arguing about everything, for no real purpose.

It's just writing, not everything has to be a duel. Peace.
                    Joey? Do you belabor your erudite readings here in the forums because you fear the “vast white silence” of the blank page?

There must be something going on in New York City you can make up a story about, isn’t there? In New York City? No? Nothing? Couldn’t you look at people walking down the sidewalk and give them backstories of your own creation? Am I wrong?
                    Last edited by Clint Hill; 05-25-2020, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• Re: Three Act Structure (Part 2)

"relish arguing about everything, for no real purpose"

Really? This proves you have an unfair, preconceived bias against me.

Before posting this, if you would have done some research of this thread, you would never have accused me of this behavior.

In finalact4's post #28 she directed an opinion at me that I did not agree with, but instead of getting into a back and forth battle with her I let it go and didn't address it.

When finalact4's post #75 gave her opinion on the KitchonaSteve statement that I posted, I could not let that go unopposed. I had no choice but to address it.

figment, you're entitled to your opinion, but I resent when you refer to my opinions on the issues being discussed as having "no real purpose."

Edited to add: Look at your post #91 that's directed at me. I should not address that? Do you believe giving my opinion on what you said to me is me arguing with you for "no real purpose"? It may have seemed not real to you, but to me it was not only real, but personal.
                      Last edited by JoeNYC; 05-24-2020, 10:50 PM.

Comment

"relish arguing about everything, for no real purpose"

Really? This proves you have an unfair, preconceived bias against me.
                        I mean, yeah, that's what I just said. I said I have a bias against you. And you responded with -- This proves you have a bias against me!!

Exhibit A for loving to argue.

And... I'm out. Happy Memorial Day.

Comment

I mean, yeah, that's what I just said. I said I have a bias against you. And you responded with -- This proves you have a bias against me!!

Exhibit A for loving to argue.

And... I'm out. Happy Memorial Day.
                          You keep saying you're out, but you keep coming back with your nonsense, which keeps me involved. Not only has this happened in this thread, but other threads too.

If I stoop to your level and throw personal attacks at you as you did with me with your first post in this thread, then these threads will turn into a mess.

And what's going on now with you sidetracking this thread is the true "Exhibit A." You can't discuss the topic of the thread. You get more satisfaction personally attacking me?

This action demonstrates your true character.

According to you, when fianalact4, sc111, TigarFang, etc. directs posts at me with opinions that I do not agree with, I should sit back and keep my own opinions to myself, or you will come out of your cave to personally attack me and accuse me of arguing for -- "no real purpose."

figment, this is not gonna happen, so, therefore, if I irk you, you have free will not to enter in to a thread I posted.

If you do decide to enter, and instead of talking about the topic at hand, you personally attack me, I'm not gonna hit back. I'll just bring it to Will's attention and request that according to the policy of the site, respectfully request that figment be banned -- preferably to Hell! (TigerFang, see that, I capitalized the "H".)

Comment

"Well that escalated quite quickly" -- Anchorman

I do like how the drama rose in your last post in true 3 Act structure fashion.

Comment

-- preferably to Hell! (TigerFang, see that, I capitalized the "H".)
                              Joe, Crayon took me to school on that in another thread. It seems that the word “hell” receives no capitalization (according to the Chicago Manual of Style) unless used in a “purely religious context.” It sure is fun to capitalize that word, though. It looks good in caps; it seems to carry more weight.

This is hell: https://twitter.com/search?q=no-mask...rc=typed_query (hint: don’t be like this woman)

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post

It seems that the word "hell- receives no capitalization (according to the Chicago Manual of Style)
                                I'm wrong? This is impossible. I can't be wrong. I'll argue this until the day I die. Watch me!

Comment

Working...
                                X