Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rachel Getting Married

I know this has been on DVD for some time, but I just got around to watching it last night and...

...what a fantastic film. The characters were completely intriguing and, contrary to what I'd heard, very sympathetic. You almost begin to feel like you're a member of the family...cry when they cry, cringe when they cringe, laugh when they laugh. Not many movies do this to me at such a high level.

If you're looking to inject character-driven elements into your script, watch this film. It is the epitome of a perfectly done character-driven story. I had heard 'round the campfire(before I watched) that the film was extremely boring and tedious. What film did these people watch???

Any other fans or non-fans? I know the film divided audiences a bit, so I'm curious to hear both sides.

Re: Rachel Getting Married

I dug it, too. Quite a bit.

It's nice to find someone else who didn't hate it.
    "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

and being someone very connected to music, i was simply swept away by the wedding scenes. what a f**** dream-like sequence. the editing was amazing. the acting was fantastic.

agree == bravo!

Originally posted by snwrist View Post
      I know this has been on DVD for some time, but I just got around to watching it last night and...

...what a fantastic film. The characters were completely intriguing and, contrary to what I'd heard, very sympathetic. You almost begin to feel like you're a member of the family...cry when they cry, cringe when they cringe, laugh when they laugh. Not many movies do this to me at such a high level.

If you're looking to inject character-driven elements into your script, watch this film. It is the epitome of a perfectly done character-driven story. I had heard 'round the campfire(before I watched) that the film was extremely boring and tedious. What film did these people watch???

Any other fans or non-fans? I know the film divided audiences a bit, so I'm curious to hear both sides.
      a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Pearl Buck

Comment

I need to switch social groups with some of you. Everybody I know loved this movie (with one exception), but I wasn't a fan. It had no story. The whole movie was in the title. I do have to give Anne Hathaway props for her performance, though. She did a great job.

Incidentally, there was a Q&A with Anne, Jenny Lumet, and the Rachel character (forgot her name, sorry) after the L.A. premiere, which I attended. A doctor in the audience pointed out that...

*SPOILERS*

...after her accident Anne's character would probably have had whiplash and wouldn't have been able to dance like that at the wedding.

"Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
        ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

I watched it last weekend and loved it, too.

Comment

I thought the acting was great. I thought the screenplay and story didn't exactly get it right, though I can't put my finger on where it wrong, specifically. Perhaps I felt it was too PC in a certain way. And, even though Debra Winger did a fantastic job acting the crazy mother character, I didn't believe that her character was real (because of the writing).

It was VERY dramatic - and Anne Hathaway did great in it.
            sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Oh no dude i have missed that to watch,,,,
              drug rehab

Comment

Nooooooooooooo! Not another Rachel Getting Married thread! Bleak. Depressing. Awkward. Just like real life. But I don't go to the movies for real life. I go for movie life!

Ralphy, have we found a movie that we both like yet?
                Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Fight Club
                  "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

It's too bad we can't talk about it.
                    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

I watched it. It was very real. I am Kym. I know it. I could 100 percent identify with her character. A weight. A massively huge weight. I was pulling for her all the way through.

Sometimes it's good to take a look at art immiating life and evaluate ourselves and think. Think about our own familes, and situations what needs to be worked on and rectified.

The scene where she says she doesn't want to believe in a God that forgives her because she can't forgive herself. So raw, so real. I've been there and even in knowing that there is forgiveness. Sometimes you need to forgive yourself first.

Wow. I enjoyed the film greatly. Pain medicine.
                      I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X