Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Boy (Spike Lee/Remake Trailer)

I'm cautiously optimistic. They've keep the violent tone of the original. This looks good. Lets hope the twist is in tact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yf9t...layer_embedded

Re: Old Boy (Spike Lee/Remake Trailer)

Loved the original. But also looking forward to this. Not gonna have the same impact if you know twist already.

Comment

Everyone hates remakes, but let's be honest: The Departed was fvcking brilliant!

Yeah, I loved the HK original (and prequels), but all the dialogue of The Departed made it almost a different film - so I'll care less about who's directing and more for the shooting script!

Another remake I enjoyed immensely was Connected - and it was fun to see Asia remaking Hollywood for a change!
      Actually, I have to confess that when I watched it, I didn't know it was a remake and hadn't seen the original, which may contribute towards the reason that I preferred it.

Fan-boys are sick of remakes, but the reality is that they bring a potentially new audience/profits to the original, and tell a good story to those who otherwise would never have bothered with it.

The ad' was removed from the above link, but I am interested in how this one pans out, simply because the original is such a masterpiece.
      Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Why One View Post
        Loved the original. But also looking forward to this. Not gonna have the same impact if you know twist already.
        Does this even have the same twist? The twist of the Korean movie was never part of the original comic, in my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
          Everyone hates remakes, but let's be honest: The Departed was fvcking brilliant!
          A - It was okay.

B - Nobody hates remakes any more than they understand the quality of the original films is typically far superior. An outcry against obviously inferior work when we have a fully serviceable and enjoyable version already is only natural.

Comment

Working...
          X