Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What About The Others?

Quick question for those who have been in this position before/may be able to help. A week ago, I sent my pilot out to some managers -- a few through referral, a few through read requests. I've heard back from one company who wants to meet this coming Friday, but nothing from the eight or so other companies reading my script.

My question is: Should I let the others know I'm meeting with this one company to see if they've read my script and would also like to meet? Or... If I haven't heard back from the other places by now, does that mean these other places aren't interested?

Any help would be great.

Re: What About The Others?

Congrats on a great (and quick!) result.

No, I would not reach out to the others.

I have heard back with interest from people months after sending a script.

That’s all I got.

Comment

Don't reach out. It's great you got that meeting, but it won't mean much to the other places and might rub them the wrong way.
      https://twitter.com/DavidCoggeshall
      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1548597/

Comment

Thank you -- that's what I was leaning towards, but wasn't sure. Also, the other companies have only had my script for a week (even less at this point), so if anything, maybe they just haven't gotten around to it.

Comment

it can take weeks and sometimes months to receive a response.

I will say that i had two managers that both responded within three days once for a spec they requested and read. i had about 15 other managers that had requested to read the script as well and had it in their inbox.

once i signed with my rep, i did send a courtesy "reply" to each manager's original email that requested the spec and advised them that the spec was no longer available.

in every case, the manager sent a note back congratulating me and thanking me for the head's up, so they could remove it from their queue of "requested/to read" specs.

that's the only good reason to do it. it's professional and shows that you respect their time. everyone assumes you will have multiple submissions.
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by whinefields View Post
            A week ago, I sent my pilot out to some managers -- a few through referral, a few through read requests. I've heard back from one company who wants to meet this coming Friday, but nothing from the eight or so other companies reading my script.
            Just wanting to follow-up - how did your meeting go? Did they sign you? (Congrats on the interest, BTW!)

Comment

Working...
            X