Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Halo" is Officially Dead

I agree, the Halo universe is rich, there's plenty of room to explore. It's just got movie written all over it.

But the thing that excited me about this prospect was Blomkamp's vision of making it a gritty, futuristic war film. Judging from those shorts, he was on the money, with a handycam type view of the war. I especially loved the POV shots through thr FLIR and infared cameras - very reminiscent of Iraq footage and modern combat. The equipment and weaponary was futuristic, but also conventional. You knew you were looking at the future, but it was more Children of Men then Star Trek.

Anyway, FOX doesn't want gritty or realistic, and from the look of things they want PG-13 sci-fi.
    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Re: "Halo" is Officially Dead

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
      Anyway, FOX doesn't want gritty or realistic, and from the look of things they want PG-13 sci-fi.

Needless to say, the two most popular sci-fi franchises, "Star Wars" and "Star Trek", are both either PG or PG-13. "The Matrix" trilogy is of course R-rated but I really only count the first one as the latter two are less than flattering.

Comment

Working...
      X