Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Batman Vs Superman (2015)

I think there's a 2002 Batman vs Superman script by Andrew Kevin Walker and Akiva Goldsman knocking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Why One View Post
      I think there's a 2002 Batman vs Superman script by Andrew Kevin Walker and Akiva Goldsman knocking about.
      It's an extremely disappointing script. The Batman in it is basically the Joel Schumacher iteration (not good), and the film favors Superman quite heavily, especially thematically. It's something of a Marvel film -- and that's not a compliment.

The Nolan films have far superseded the material.

Following Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns template would definitely be the right way to go with this, and would put the film in the same tonal realm as Man of Steel and Nolan's Batman movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Dazzler
        DC screws Robin again...
        "Batman Forever" are "Batman & Robin" are the reasons...
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
          It's a pretty good adaptation and, even though Kevin Conroy is the definitive Batman voice and I hated he wasn't in this, Peter Weller did a decent job with his voice and it fit with Batman's age in the story.

Haven't seen it yet (have to get a new TV soon), but seen clips. Damn...
          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

DC also did a very good animated movie version of Batman: Year One you might want to check out.
            "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

I'm struggling to imagine a fight between Batman and Superman that doesn't end with Superman tearing Batman's head off, throwing it into Jupiter's orbit, stuffing the Batmobile in the hole that was Bruce's neck, and crushing the remains of everything that was Batman into a diamond within one and a half seconds.

What's next...Rain Man vs. Jordan in Space Jam 2? Give me a f_cking break.

Comment

Well, Batman keeps a Kryptonite ring on him in his utility belt, so...there's that. In The Dark Knight Rises, he gives Oliver Queen a Kryptonite arrow to shoot Supes with. That's part of what helps him kick Superman's ass in that showdown. Bats also has contingency plans on how to defeat every member of the Justice League.

Supes is stronger but Bats is much smarter. They're pretty much evenly split in wins/losses for all the times they've fought. But, they're also friends, so they've never actually tried to kill each other in those fights (except that time Superman was brainwashed by Darkseid).

Sorry, I have to stop now. I'm spilling geek all over my keyboard.

"Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                  Rain Man vs. Jordan in Space Jam 2? Give me a f_cking break.
                  Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
                    Well, Batman keeps a Kryptonite ring on him in his utility belt, so...there's that.
                    Superman uses X-ray vision to see through the mask, then waits for Bruce Wayne to go out in public and throws a hotel at him from a mile away. Done.

Comment

Batman teaming up with Superman seems a better approach. They're both good guys so why would you need or want them to fight each other?

In the Dark Knight Returns, Superman knows Bruce Wayne isn't dead. At Bruce's funeral, Superman (as Clark Kent) winks at Robin to inform her he knows Bruce is still alive. He wasn't going to kill his 'friend'. Batman pretended to die so he could go back into the shadows and train his Sons of Batman gang to continue the war against crime in Gotham.

Comment

Will the genre sustain itself until then? I'm not talking snark, I'm being pragmatic. I mean, they're hitting the point where they're gonna have to sink a quarter of a billion dollars into these things just to stay ahead.

And by 2015, Marvel is gonna have completely overtapped that market.
                        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                          Will the genre sustain itself until then? I'm not talking snark, I'm being pragmatic. I mean, they're hitting the point where they're gonna have to sink a quarter of a billion dollars into these things just to stay ahead.

And by 2015, Marvel is gonna have completely overtapped that market.
                          That's a very valid question. It's similar to ambient noise in a restaurant, the louder the people are around you, the louder your conversation becomes -- just to be heard. The budgets need to increase, just to stay competitive.

At this point, I'm just waiting for the first blockbuster with a $300 million budget (before P&A of course).
                          "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                            I'm struggling to imagine a fight between Batman and Superman that doesn't end with Superman tearing Batman's head off, throwing it into Jupiter's orbit, stuffing the Batmobile in the hole that was Bruce's neck, and crushing the remains of everything that was Batman into a diamond within one and a half seconds.

What's next...Rain Man vs. Jordan in Space Jam 2? Give me a f_cking break.
                            I think you're taking this a little too seriously.

They are comic book characters and they've fought numerous times in the comics.
                            Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
                              I think you're taking this a little too seriously.
                              It's meant to be taken as seriously as the powers of the characters themselves. If a guy can sprint like the wind, lift many tons with minimal effort, fly, etc., how am I supposed to be asked to believe he would have any sort of struggle again a normal human being that possess no such powers whatsoever?

Superman can obliterate Batman in one second in pretty much any given scenario. That's just the way the characters are drawn. Normal frail human stands no chance against god-like being. It's like me picking a fight with Rampage Jackson. He'd be picking his teeth with my femur 30 seconds after the first punch.

Comment

That's like asking how Lex Luthor could possibly fight Superman. He's smart.

Comment

Working...
                                X