Did Diablo Cody Really Spend A Year Stripping?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did Diablo Cody Really Spend A Year Stripping?

For at least the second time, probably the third, I don't take personal offense. I usually use myself as an example, so as not to speak for others. But, I'm weird that way and understand that you don't get it. I've never felt taken behind the wood shed by anyone on this site.
    Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
      Well then you have the jump on me Sara.

Because a good portion of the time here on DoneDeal you find something "grievous" in my posts and take personal offense even though I rarely address you personally.

I find it amusing.

If you really like it you can have the rights
      It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Oh, O.
        Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by sarajb View Post
          For at least the second time, probably the third, I don't take personal offense. I usually use myself as an example, so as not to speak for others. But, I'm weird that way and understand that you don't get it. I've never felt taken behind the wood shed by anyone on this site.
          Oh, I get it. I don't buy it. Third-person works for a lot of people.
          Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

I guess, I'm a liar.

Don't let your head explode reconciling that statement.

Comment

If SC111 hit big with a script and had this amazing story of his life, and Sarajb (or anybody else on DD) knew the truth... Would they be posting the lies about his story here on DD, the way SC is doing with Diablo?

Odds are they would.

Comment

There are some date mix-ups, some conclusions made that one can see the possibility for a simple explanation for, but there are no smoking guns in this thread.

That doesn't mean they don't exist, just that there aren't any here.

Comment

There are some date mix-ups, some conclusions made that one can see the possibility for a simple explanation for, but there are no smoking guns in this thread.

That doesn't mean they don't exist, just that there aren't any here.
                  It's more than dates. She said she worked as a stripper and in peepshows. She probably did one amature night and was in a booth WATCHING someone else dance. That's probably the extent of it. She's full of it. Period.

But so what, it's not like she killed someone.... I don't think.

It's like Mark Walberg talking about "doing time" with James Lipton. He did 30 days! I bet Robert Downey, Jr. laughs when he hears him talk.

Comment

Probablies don't cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Landis26 View Post
                      If SC111 hit big with a script and had this amazing story of his life, and Sarajb (or anybody else on DD) knew the truth... Would they be posting the lies about his story here on DD, the way SC is doing with Diablo?

Odds are they would.
                      And I would expect them, too. However, I'm honest to a fault.

Even my ex-husband used to say, "I never understood how you continue to get in so much trouble just for telling the truth."

Now that I've shared this -- let's see how fast someone posts -- "No wonder he divorced you!"

[By the way, as yo ucan tell by the ex-hub thingy, I'm not a guy. ]
                      Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Odds are they would.
                        You know what? I don't think I would. If it isn't hurting anyone, why bother going public?

But, even if I did, I'd be sure to have actual proof.

Let's see how fast someone posts - Liar!

Comment

Probablies don't cut it.
                          Sometimes they do.

But really, after all this exposure wouldn't someone she stripped with come forward just to get in the limelight. Do interviews "oh, yeah I remember when me a Diablo..." Most strippers would do it, figuring they could cash in on knowing her (up the price of a personal pole dance). And no one, as of yet, has come forward. She's been on Letterman, Leno and doing interviews everywhere, and not a peep out of anyone. These people, strippers and strip club owners, don't live in a vacuum. They would have heard something. And did she ever mention the names (fake names like her's) of some of the strippers she worked with in any of her blogs, or funny incidents with fellows strippers and patrons?

That's it for me... Good luck to her, either way.

Comment

Diablo Cody stole my lunch money. I have the footnotes to prove it.

Comment

It's more than dates. She said she worked as a stripper and in peepshows. She probably did one amature night and was in a booth WATCHING someone else dance. That's probably the extent of it. She's full of it. Period.
                              She probably did that? How do you know? Who ****ing cares? I hate petty, jealous, idiotic writers who do this bull****. What the **** difference does it make to you if she was or was not a stripper? And what difference does it make if she stripped 5 times or 500 times? Is there a magic number of times she needed to take her clothes off in order to be credible?

And SC, who gives a flying **** about James Frey? What does he have to do with her? And why are you the one who needs to expose her lack of self-exposure? You think you're striking a blow for all clothed, female, wanna-be screenwriters? As stated above, this is petty, jealous, idiocy. She made it, you didn't, so you want to take her down a notch. Time well spent, I'm sure.
                              "Witticism"
                              -Some Guy

Comment

cynicide says:

And what difference does it make if she stripped 5 times or 500 times?

So you're cool with fabricating a memoir?

I'm not.

Comment

Working...
                                X