Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Script Deals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #11
TigerFang

Default Re: Thirtysomething Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostfootage View Post
Your sarcasm aside, one of my stupid powers is having a sixth sense of what's coming next days/weeks/months before it becomes a thing. I just haven't been able to execute fast enough on my ideas to make them viable.
It’s all good, “bro.” I find that I become physically ill if I try to exploit for personal gain any of my Extra Sensory Perception abilities. They can only be used to fight for Truth, Justice, and the Tellurian way.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #12
lostfootage
Regular

Thanks, TigerFang. Yes, when I try to exploit my stupid power, it doesn't quite work out. But it's there when I don't try. So, anyhoo -- Also, I'm a woman.
lostfootage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:52 PM   #13
TigerFang

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostfootage View Post
Also, I'm a woman.
Just tryin’ out that Gucci-talk thing; y’ know, like the old saying says: “When in Greenwich Village, do as the Pope of Greenwich Village does.”

What would you entitle the Thirtysomething reboot project?
Old 10-07-2019, 11:29 PM   #14
lostfootage
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFang View Post
Just tryin’ out that Gucci-talk thing; y’ know, like the old saying says: “When in Greenwich Village, do as the Pope of Greenwich Village does.”

What would you entitle the Thirtysomething reboot project?
LOL. Got it.

They'll probably just use the same title, and I would do that, too. But it would be funnier if the parents (played by the original actors) were the main characters and they called it Sixtysomething.
lostfootage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:27 PM   #15
Madbandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBanks View Post
i watched thirtysomething pretty religiously toward the end of its original run. although the show started out the way it was stereotyped -- whiny, self-absorbed white boomers talking about their first-world problems -- it opened up into some pretty compelling stuff later on. basically when Elliot and Michael lose their own ad agency and get bought out by Miles Drentell, it got pretty good. really it was Zwick and Herskovitz using advertising as a metaphor for the television industry to **** on network TV and the executives (even as they were getting tons of shitty notes from ABC to try and boost the ratings!). not all of it has aged tremendously well but it's also important to remember in the context of mid-80s network landscape, there was NOTHING like this on the air to that point. Bochco had pushed the envelope some with Hill Street Blues and LA Law and St. Elsewhere had done the same for medical dramas. but mostly it was Steven Cannell-style junk. the follow up that Z&H made (after exec producing My So Called Life), Once and Again was much better. criminally underrated and underseen, like most of them

(assuming this sequel does go to series, i'd KILL to write for it so if anyone has an in with Ed or Marshall, feel free to PM me)

Hey. I like that Stephen J. Cannell junk because 1) his production bumper got me into writing and 2) I couldn't relate to normal, average people who either cheated or were cheated on or went through a disease because I was a weird kid at the time.

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore
Madbandit is offline   Reply With Quote