Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #1
TravisPickle
Regular

Default Including coverage

I just got terrific coverage on my latest screenplay. A few pages of synopsis, followed by a glowing 2 page critique. I know coverage is a take-it-or-leave-it thing, but I also know how easily swayed by other people's opinions producers, execs, etc. can be. Someone writes an intelligent appraisal of a screenplay, and all of a sudden people see the worthiness of it rather than the flaws.

Having said that:

Can/should I include it in e-mails to people? The way I was imagining it going is... "take a look at the coverage- it will help you decide if the script is something you might be interested in". As opposed to "read the great review". Of course they might just see through the whole thing, in which case I might come across as somewhat paranoid.

Thoughts?
TravisPickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
muckraker

Default Re: Including coverage

I don't pretend to know much, but I don't think this is going to give you any advantage as the writer. Perhaps if you were approaching someone as a producer with a third party script, but not coming directly from you.

Who's to say you didn't write the coverage yourself or have a friend write it? Or cherry picked it from alongside a half dozen other, less flattering reviews?

Unless it's a coverage reader whose instincts the person knows and trusts, it's just one reader's opinion.
muckraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
sfire8
User

Default Re: Including coverage

I've offered up coverage in my queries...like "please let me know if I can send you the script and/or coverage". I don't really say, "it got good coverage." But I have had people request just the coverage and then of course sending "good" coverage helps.
sfire8 is offline   Reply With Quote