No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Alongs

hi guys

I am writing a script centered around a border patrol agent.

I would love to go on a ride along.

my experience with ride alongs so far hasn't been great: I tried going on one with the D.C. Police and was cockblocked every step of the way. I was very honest about my profession and my intentions: to get the details right and portray them fairly. They hated that I was part of the "Media" (thanks, Donald) and gave me the runaround for months. Nothing came of it.

apparently they had to process my application through the "Press" department as opposed to the "Civilian" department.

so my question is... do you think i might be more successful with Border Patrol if I keep things super vague and just tell them I am a curious citizen?

Re: Ride Alongs

Originally posted by TravisPickle View Post
    hi guys

I am writing a script centered around a border patrol agent.

I would love to go on a ride along.

my experience with ride alongs so far hasn't been great: I tried going on one with the D.C. Police and was cockblocked every step of the way. I was very honest about my profession and my intentions: to get the details right and portray them fairly. They hated that I was part of the "Media" (thanks, Donald) and gave me the runaround for months. Nothing came of it.

apparently they had to process my application through the "Press" department as opposed to the "Civilian" department.

so my question is... do you think i might be more successful with Border Patrol if I keep things super vague and just tell them I am a curious citizen?
    No, don't be vague. Be as transparent as possible. You dont want them to be suspicious of vague answers. They have a real issue with counter-intelligence gathering on the border and may see a "vague guy who wants to ask questions" as intell gathering for the TCO's. Just call the local sector and see if they do ride-alongs.
    "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jeep View Post
      ...They have a real issue with counter-intelligence gathering on the border and may see a "vague guy who wants to ask questions" as intell gathering for the TCO's...
      Especially from some guy who's message board name is TravisP(B)ickle, which might remind them of a movie character asking an FBI guy what it takes to join the Secret Service etc.

(The irony was too sweet, sorry.)

Comment

Hahaha
        That was awesome - I genuinely lol'd!
        If I had more hair I'd look Mohawk stylings

Originally posted by catcon View Post
        Especially from some guy who's message board name is TravisP(B)ickle, which might remind them of a movie character asking an FBI guy what it takes to join the Secret Service etc.

(The irony was too sweet, sorry.)

Comment

Did you know DHS has an office to handle such requests?
          Hope this helps,
          Denise

The Department of Homeland Security's Office of Multimedia provides advice and guidance to screenwriters, directors, producers and authors who need information regarding the Department and its component agencies.
          For information regarding assistance from the Department of Homeland Security in producing feature films/motion pictures, television programming, documentaries, books, and other multimedia projects, please contact the Office of Multimedia.
          Contact
          E-mail: [email protected]

Also see:
          https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...Departm....pdf
          Last edited by dworhach; 07-19-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X