Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Loading

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #21
jimjimgrande
Member
 
jimjimgrande's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: LA
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: Scriptshadow

that is a turd.


and no you don't.


and don't get all perturbed in a "you don't know what I'm thinking" kind of way...


because I do.


and I don't even know you.


heh.
__________________

jimjimgrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:23 AM   #22
nic.h
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,022
Default Re: Scriptshadow

To my favourite sea mammal: Not helping.
__________________


Website
Tweets
Book
nic.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:22 AM   #23
JeffLowell
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,052
Default Re: Scriptshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDolphinZero View Post
Here's a turd to get this puppy going...

I think SS is a big part of why poor PJ is getting scorched by Fox.
Absolutely.

It's also a big reason people are showing up here and saying they can't find produced scripts to learn from.
JeffLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #24
instant_karma
Member
 
instant_karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: Scriptshadow

So, they're not Fox lawyers trying to entrap people?
__________________
"Only nothing is impossible."
Grant Morrison
instant_karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #25
BattleDolphinZero
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,060
Default Re: Scriptshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjimgrande View Post
that is a turd.


and no you don't.


and don't get all perturbed in a "you don't know what I'm thinking" kind of way...


because I do.


and I don't even know you.


heh.
Seriously.

SS pissed off the kind of people who sit in rooms with studio heads. He pissed off a LOT of them. Now big guns at the studio don't have time to filter who has cool sites and who doesn't, they just press a button and legal takes over: "Find someone who has our scripts up and send a message."

Do you think it's 100% coincidence shortly after SS pissed off dozens of A-Listers that this happened?
BattleDolphinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #26
JeffLowell
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,052
Default Re: Scriptshadow

Jesus. Did you just suggest that Fox went after script traders because writers told them to?

I'll be way the fuck away from you, if you need me. Good luck!
JeffLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #27
sc111
Member
 
sc111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,322
Default Re: Scriptshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDolphinZero View Post

Do you think it's 100% coincidence shortly after SS pissed off dozens of A-Listers that this happened?
It was roughly a full year after the ScriptShadow/John August* dust-up that PJ was slapped with the Fox lawsuit. So I don't see a direct connection. The suit appears to have been triggered by one unproduced/in-dev script, leaked in mid-October 2010, PJ was sued late November 2010.

EDITED TO CLARIFY:


To be crystal clear -- and hopefully ward off a bloodbath -- what I'm saying is: I don't think there's a direct link between John August calling out Scriptshadow in 2009 and Fox thinking -- "Oh, look -- a pro writer is pissed of at this guy, Scriptshadow. Let's go after PJ McIlvaine's script library," a full year later.

*When talking with PJ about the lawsuit I asked if she had read about the SS/August debate. She hadn't. She'd just started a new job and missed the controversy entirely.
__________________
Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.

Last edited by sc111 : 01-18-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Wishful thinking
sc111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #28
BattleDolphinZero
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,060
Default Re: Scriptshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc111 View Post
It was roughly a full year after the ScriptShadow/John August* dust-up that PJ was slapped with the Fox lawsuit. So I don't see a direct connection. The suit appears to have been triggered by one unproduced/in-dev script, leaked in mid-October 2010, PJ was sued late November 2010.

EDITED TO CLARIFY:


To be crystal clear -- and hopefully ward off a bloodbath -- what I'm saying is: I don't think there's a direct link between John August calling out Scriptshadow in 2009 and Fox thinking -- "Oh, look -- a pro writer is pissed of at this guy, Scriptshadow. Let's go after PJ McIlvaine's script library," a full year later.

*When talking with PJ about the lawsuit I asked if she had read about the SS/August debate. She hadn't. She'd just started a new job and missed the controversy entirely.
I think you're probably right and I was probably wrong.
BattleDolphinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #29
MrEarbrass
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 233
Default Re: Scriptshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc111 View Post
*When talking with PJ about the lawsuit I asked if she had read about the SS/August debate. She hadn't. She'd just started a new job and missed the controversy entirely.
How many times does this need to be said... if you're trying to help PJ, don't come to a public forum and repeat ANYTHING that she told you that is even tangentially related to this case. Period. No matter how innocuous it may seem. There's simply no margin in it for her side.
MrEarbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #30
Done Deal Pro
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: Scriptshadow

I took a few posts out of here to try to get all back on topic of the thread. If you really need to discuss word use & meaning as it relates to racism then please take it into the One on One forum.

That would be much appreciated.
__________________
Will
Done Deal Pro
www.donedealpro.com
Done Deal Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Done Deal Pro

eXTReMe Tracker