Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Movies & Television > Television
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Optimus

Default Battlestar Gallactica

Um...seriously.

How is there NOT already a thread on the current season of the best frackin' show on television?

Old 04-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
Qazworld

Default Re: Battlestar Gallactica

i was wondering about that.

so SPOILERS BELOW

these last two episodes really need to be thought of as one, because they're great together.

rosalind has become her creepy self ever since she's had remittance.

i'm not entirely sure about what to make of balthar seeing himself. i know the 6 sees him, but i dont know what's going on w that right now.

and speaking of 6-

cylon-cylon killing? finally.

oh, and this was also one of the best acted episodes i have seen. top notch performances all around.

welcome back BSG. great stuff.

Qazworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
bed-and-bones
Regular

I didn't really care for season 3. I am enjoying the current season. It's too obvious to think that Starbuck could be a Cylon. Looking forward to how they explain her sudden appearance (hopefully) later on.

Whose the fifth?

It wouldn't surprise me if it were Starbuck. Hah.

How does the series end?

Starbuck leads the galactica to Earth. The cylons have been tracking her all along and follow. What happened to Caprica happens to Earth. (that would suck)

Or.. the cylons destroy each other.. leaving the five to recreate the cylon race on Earth. (that would be cool)
bed-and-bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
Qazworld

my theory is that these people will colonize earth and bring about the tradition of these gods to this planet and eventually earth will colonize other planets and there will be a cylon war and everything will be repeated.

that's why they had a time discrepency and their holy book has said that this has all happened before.

i think it's all a cycle.

not sure where the cylons fit in this theory, but i'm sticking to it for now.

Qazworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:40 AM   #5
zazzo2003
Regular

I heart BSG - Why is this the last year? Go out with a worm hole I guess... Looking forward to the Caprica pre-quel Movie

---Zazzz

PS - Also looking forward to Jane Espenson's Warehouse 13 - somebody please PM me if they have the pilot!
zazzo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:05 AM   #6
RKBentley

The first two episodes have been good.

I'm glad they've gotten back to the whole "who is/isn't a cylon" angle it's what made Season 1/2 so good, imho. Season 3 was ok but got worse with the constant flashback episodes towards the end of Season 3.

The whole Finale 5 Cylon plot is an interesting one I think since even the Skinjobs have been told not to think about them.

The foreshadowing/backstory of these themes repeating themselves over and over even effects the Cylons. Obviously, somethin' happened. And, those hidden 5 were either the instigators or the ones to put whatever happened down.

As for Baltar showing up instead of Harvey 6, I'm guessing whoever is controlling the both Cap 6 and Baltar was busy elsewheres...
RKBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:30 AM   #7
qualitycontrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bed-and-bones View Post
I didn't really care for season 3. I am enjoying the current season. It's too obvious to think that Starbuck could be a Cylon. Looking forward to how they explain her sudden appearance (hopefully) later on.

Whose the fifth?

It wouldn't surprise me if it were Starbuck. Hah.
Here's my guess on this topic. I think I am pretty good with this since I predicted most turns in S3. I believe that from Starbuck's experiment while in captivity will have been a cylon plot to turn humans into cylons. As in, I think when Starbuck died she got "downloaded" and put into a body they grew from her own genetic material. So, is she more cylon or more human? Adds an interesting debate. I could be dead wrong though.

As for the fifth cylon? Cylon God whom speaks in the form of head six and head Baltar to Baltar. Non-physical. Probably wrong but that's my current take.

Ron D. Moore, feel free to PM me and offer me a writing gig on Caprica.

Last edited by qualitycontrol : 04-14-2008 at 10:00 AM.
qualitycontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
GreatOz

One point of illogic for me... A few days before, Lee Adama defends and gets off the most hated man in the colonies (Baltar.) But now, as he leaves the military (and they desperately need fighter pilots), everybody is cheering and toasting him like he's the greatest guy in the world.

Huh?
GreatOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
seh

Every now and again you run in to the logic problems that Oz describes, but the overall greatness of this show more than makes up for it, I think.

I'm sad they are ending it this season, but glad that they will not try to stretch this out just for dollars. It means they will take the time they need to tell the story, but no more time than required.

I will watch the spin off series, hoping against hope that they catch lighting in a bottle for a second time. Often attempted, seldom achieved ...
seh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #10
RKBentley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOz View Post
One point of illogic for me... A few days before, Lee Adama defends and gets off the most hated man in the colonies (Baltar.) But now, as he leaves the military (and they desperately need fighter pilots), everybody is cheering and toasting him like he's the greatest guy in the world.

Huh?
Remember, when you say everyone, the first scene were only the pilots, to the pilots he can do no wrong, there wasn't a civlian insight except when he debarks and even then it was mostly officers/enlisted.

I think the mentality of the civilian population is we hate Baltar more than Lee Adama. Baltar presided over us for months and then led all of us into Cylon Occupation for xyz amount of months. Let's face facts, Baltar probably saved more of them then if he had declined. We can get to Baltar easier than Adama, let's kill President Baltar first.

I would suspect sooner or later the "let's lynch lee because he defended baltar" will arise.
RKBentley is offline   Reply With Quote