Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
TurboBard
New User

Talking Amazon Studios

What do the folks here think of the deal offered by Amazon Studios for feature screenplay development?
TurboBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
TurboBard
New User

Talking Re: Amazon Studios

Obviously, most of us would be happy with a $10K option or a $200K sale. Has anyone here read their legal agreement? Feel like it is legit?
Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
VanceVanCleaf
Regular

Default Re: Amazon Studios

I uploaded a script on private level there. They said it should be evaluated mid-July. Something seems to have gone wrong, because first, it looked good in the premise war, and then, after 28 battles, it doesn't show up anymore.

Meanwhile I'd like to delete the thing, because I feel somehow the outcome won't be very pleasant. But I don't know if that's allowed or how to do.

VanceVanCleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
LIMAMA

Vance, just e-mail them and tell them to remove the script.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
TurboBard
New User

As I understand it, if you upload to private level, only Amazon will see the script, unless you get a paid option, at which point ( I believe) everyone can write revisions, etc. But at least you would have 10 grand. I don't see how it can hurt to send a script, but the legal stuff is pretty long. No one wants an idea mixed in with lots of other people's work, so that no one owns it anymore.

I'm sure Amazon will try to be fair, simply because it is in their best interest to pay some writers to keep the ball rolling. If they find good scripts that Hollywood will not read, they could make millions, and change the whole system.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
TurboBard
New User

From the Amazon website:

How do I remove my project from Amazon Studios?

"If your project is private, you may choose to remove it beginning 45 days after the date you submitted it, as long as Amazon Studios has not exercised our option to purchase it or paid you to extend our option. Note that the 45-day option period (during which you cannot remove your project) will restart each time you contribute additional content to your project, if we provide you the ability to do so. When your privately submitted project is no longer under option, you will get an email notification that you have two weeks to decide whether to make it public or to remove it, by clicking the appropriate button on your private project page. If you donít choose to make your project public within two weeks after we send you the email notification, your private project will automatically be removed."
Old 06-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #7
Mr A
User

I read a pretty interesting blogg article about the subject:
http://chipstreet.com/2012/06/01/ama...nplay-options/
Old 06-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
ewtaylor
Regular

I put one on a couple months ago. At the end of the 45 day I was given the option to remove which is what I did. If you make amy revisions or up load anything to it, the 45 days start over. If they "consider" you then you get no money but others can see and do stuff.
ewtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote